Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (commonly shortened to IVM) is a Nigerian automobile manufacturer headquartered in Nnewi, Anambra, Nigeria. It was founded by Chief Innocent Chukwuma Nwala. Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing is nicknamed Pride Of African Roads.
|Founder||Innocent Chukwuma Nwala|
|Headquarters||No 95 Owerri Road,
P.O. Box 1068, Umudim, Nnewi,Anambra State
|Nigeria, Mali, Sierra Leone and Ghana|
Among IVM's vehicle models are the five-seaters Fox (1.5-litre engine) and Umu (2-litre engine) as well as the mini-bus Uzo.
On 20th May, 2022, Innoson presented its first "Keke". Kekes are three-wheeled motor vehicles and the main means of transport in Nigeria. They have so far been imported from the Far East and usually cost about 800,000 Naira or 1,600 Euros. Innoson announced a selling price of 500,000 Naira or 1,000 Euros. The production capacity is 60,000 "Kekes" per year. This is to be increased by a new production plant in Owerri in Imo State on a plot of land of 150,000 square metres. The domestic production of the ubiquitous trikes in Nigeria is expected to have a positive impact on Nigeria's trade balance and labour market.
- IVM Caris, compact sedan based on the Forthing Jingyi S50
- IVM G20 Smart, compact MPV based on the Keyton EX80
- IVM Ikenga, compact MPV based on the Weiwang M60
- IVM Capa, MPV based on the Forthing CM7
- IVM G5T, mid-size crossover based on the Forthing T5L
- IVM G6T, mid-size SUV based on the Foday Landfort
- IVM G40, off-road vehicle based on the Beijing BJ40
- IVM G80, mid-size SUV based on the Beijing BJ80
- IVM Carrier 4WD, mid-size pickup truck based on the Zhongxing Grand Tiger TUV
- IVM Granite, mid-size pickup truck based on the Zhongxing Terralord
- IVM Mini Bus, microvan based on the Keyton M70
- IVM G5, SUV based on the Gonow G5
Other Products edit
Forthing Jingyi S50 (IVM Caris)
Keyton EX80 (IVM G20 Smart)
Weiwang M60 (IVM Ikenga)
Forthing CM7 (IVM Capa)
Forthing T5L (IVM G5T)
Foday Landfort (IVM G6T)
Beijing BJ40 (IVM G40)
Beijing BJ80 (IVM G80)
Zhongxing Grand Tiger TUV (IVM Carrier 4WD)
Zhongxing Terralord (IVM Granite)
Keyton M70 (IVM Mini Bus)
Global Presence edit
Innoson vehicles are being used in some West African countries like: Mali, Sierra Leone and Ghana.
Brand Ambassador edit
Innoson New Logo edit
Future Plans edit
On 1st October, 2020 the CEO Innocent Chukwuma Nwala while celebrating Nigeria at 60 spoke about the future of IVM. He said the country is all ready for the world of electric cars and IVM is ready and prepared for that change.
- "'Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing only imports engine, light'". Vanguard News. 2020-08-11. Retrieved 2021-01-30.
- "Inside the Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing plant as you have never seen it before". Techpoint Africa. February 26, 2018.
- "Innoson rolls out 500 made in Nigeria cars today". Sun News. 2014-11-29. Archived from the original on 2015-08-08. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- "Innoson Unveils First 'Made-in-Nigeria' Cars". Ventures Africa. 2014-12-02. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- "Roll-out for first made-in-Nigeria cars". African Business. 2015-03-07. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- "Innoson introduces IVM-branded tricycles - P.M. News". Retrieved 2022-05-22.
- Innoson vehicle manufacturing company finally unveils Nigerian made Keke. Check it out., retrieved 2022-05-22
- "Innoson Group of Companies – – The Pride of Africa". Retrieved 2023-05-26.
- "Innoson motors getting patronage from Buhari's govt. – Daily Trust". www.dailytrust.com.ng. Archived from the original on 2019-09-30.
- "Innoson Offers Job To a Nigerian youth For Re-designing the Company's logo". Mp3Vybez. 2019-10-16. Retrieved 2019-10-27.
- "Nigeria at 60: We are ready for electric cars, says Innoson". guardian.ng. October 2020. Retrieved 2021-01-30.