InformationWeek is a digital magazine which conducts corresponding face-to-face events, virtual events, and research. It is headquartered in San Francisco, California and was first published in 1985 by CMP Media, later called UBM Technology Group.
|VP, Editor In Chief||Rob Preston|
|Publisher||UBM Technology Group|
|Based in||San Francisco, California|
The print edition began in 1985 using the name Information Week.
- April 1999 - Information Week began its 14th international edition: Brazil
- May 1997 through 2000 – The worldwide regional publications of LAN Magazine were renamed to the already existing Network Magazine. Networkmagazine.com and lanmag.com now redirect to informationweek.com
- September 2005 – Network Magazine (networkmagazine.com) was renamed IT Architect (itarchitect.com). The offline publication was shut down after the March 2006 issue. itarchitect.com now redirects to InformationWeek.
- June 2006 – The company announced that offline publication of Network Computing would be merged with Information Week. Online, Network Computing (networkcomputing.com) would provide technical content, whereas informationweek.com would provide news. UBM renamed CMP Media to CMP Technology.
- 2008 – CMP Technology was restructured into four independent operating divisions under the common banner of UBM.
- 2013 – The printed Information Week magazine ceased publication. It had 220,000 print magazine subscribers (many of whom received free promotional subscriptions).
- 2018 - InformationWeek owner UBM (since 2008) merged with Informa.
InformationWeek's stated mission is "the business value of technology". The InformationWeek website features news, an array of proprietary InformationWeek research, analysis on IT trends, a whitepaper library, and editorial content.
- The annual InformationWeek 500 (a listing of the nation's top users of information technology)
- The National IT Salary Survey (IT employee-based compensation and benefits study)
- The Global Information Security Study (6 languages, more than 15 countries participate)
InformationWeek runs events such as the InformationWeek 500 Conference & Gala Awards.
The BrainYard is a news and commentary website focused on social business produced by InformationWeek and the Enterprise 2.0 Conference. It covers the business uses of social media and collaboration technologies, including enterprise social networks for internal collaboration, social communities for customer support, and the sales, marketing, and customer support uses of public social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. The site also covers other enterprise collaboration technologies, such as videoconferencing and unified communications, particularly to the extent these are converging with social software.
- [adage.com/print/2872 "Print - CMP Media to launch 'Information Week' in U.K."] Check
|url=value (help). Advertising Age. January 13, 1997.
CMP Media to launch `Information Week' in U.K.. ... Its U.S. forerunner, launched in 1985, now has 350,000 readers.
- "CMP Media Inc. History". Funding Universe. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- "United Business Media consolidates health care; CMP Media changes name to CMP Technology". May 23, 2006. Archived from the original on September 22, 2018. Retrieved September 21, 2018.
- "Information week. (Journal, magazine, 1985)". Information Week. 1985. OCLC 802627801.
Information week... Publisher: Manhasset, N.Y : CMP, 1985
- ""Information Week" magazine goes Brazilian". Advertising Age. April 28, 1999. Archived from the original on September 22, 2018. Retrieved September 21, 2018.
SAO PAULO-- Information Week, the U.S. magazine owned by CMP Media Inc., has launched its fourteenth version in Brazil
- "Alan Zeichick". camdenassociates.com. Under the Technical Publishing heading. Archived from the original on April 14, 2015. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- "New name, hot technologies.(Editorial)". highbeam.com. United States edition. May 1, 1997. Archived from the original on December 12, 2015. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- "Gazing through the crystal ball - Editorial". networkmagazineindia.com. India edition (Network Magazine). August 2001. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- "The Networking Reference Library". Archived from the original on September 22, 2018. Retrieved September 21, 2018.
... a vendor's technical manual, on the Internet, or even in the pages of Network Magazine. ... The book's title is overly modest; in fact, it comprehensively presents the ... the founder of LAN Magazine , which became Network Magazine in 1997.
- "CMP Media's Network Magazine Changes Name to IT Architect". BoogarLists Directory of Market Publications.
For some time, they've been writing Network Magazine for the new IT professional who is ... Their new name, IT Architect, better reflects their content and ...
- "Bathmate Hydromax Reviews Information Week 4 18". WN.com WorldNews Network. Archived from the original on September 22, 2018. Retrieved September 21, 2018.
Bathmate Hydromax Reviews Information Week 4 18 on WN Network ... Network Magazine (networkmagazine.com) was renamed IT Architect (itarchitect.com).
- "CMP Media's Network Magazine Changes Name to IT Architect Effective with September 2005 Issue". prnewswire.com. September 1, 2005. Archived from the original on April 13, 2015. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- Alan Zeichick (June 13, 2007). "CMP whacks Network Computing, Optimize". blogspot.com. Seventh paragraph: Former editor-in-chief of Network Magazine. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "In Major Restructuring, CMP Focuses Online". foliomag.com. June 13, 2007. Archived from the original on December 12, 2015. Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- "The end of print". Model Railroad Hobbyist magazine. April 12, 2013. Archived from the original on September 23, 2018. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
... business model no longer includes print. Information Week ... will continue online
- BPA Worldwide, InformationWeek's December 2012 Audit Statement
- "InformationWeek Reports". informationweekanalytics.com. Archived from the original on February 7, 2009. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- "InformationWeek Reports". informationweekreports.com. Archived from the original on October 11, 2007. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- "InformationWeek 500". InformationWeek. Archived from the original on January 15, 2014. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- "Informationweek.com Reports". Archived from the original on April 17, 2012. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- "Events". InformationWeek. Archived from the original on November 11, 2013. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- "UBM TechWeb Introduces The BrainYard". Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- "The BrainYard Wins 2012 min's Best of the Web Award". Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- "Min's Best of the Web 2012 Winners". Archived from the original on June 8, 2015. Retrieved July 26, 2015.