This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Many airline companies produce inflight magazines to provide details about their fleet, as well as articles about destinations or other interesting information.
Inflight publishing is an unusual niche in the magazine world. Airline titles have minimal distribution costs, and readership figures come from existing passenger traffic. Most airlines use external publishers to produce their magazines, and Ink is currently[when?] the world's leading company in this sector.
More than 80% of passengers read the magazines airlines place in front of them, and readers average around 30 minutes a flight with the magazines, according to Arbitron. Despite the challenges facing the publishing industry, this is a healthy sector, and on a large scale, inflight magazines have suffered less than magazines overall.
History and evolutionEdit
The first inflight magazine was that of Pan American World Airways, whereas the longest running inflight magazine is KLM's Holland Herald, first published in January 1966. The inflight market has grown in recent years, and there are currently over 150 inflight magazines titles.
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Among specialized publishers are
- Spenta Multimedia Pvt Ltd is a multi award winning media house in India. Spenta Multimedia produces the Jetwings ( among many more), the inflight magazine for Jet Airways ( India's Premium Airline) . It has a fully integrated infrastructure, including a state-of-the-art printing press. Spenta’s business lines include: Custom Publishing, Consumer Publishing, Books Publishing, Commercial Printing and has a specialised Digital Media business unit Spenta Digital Media Pvt Ltd. Spenta Multimedia has offices at various locations in India. Some of our Custom Publications include the Chartered Accounts Journal, HDFC Imperia, First Update for Shoppers Stop, among many more. Some of the coffee-table books produced by Mumbai-based Spenta Multimedia. The five gems are 7000 Museums: A project for the Republic of India; Bombay Bar Association - A legacy of law; The Victorian and Art Deco Ensemble of Mumbai; Jewellery Trend Book 2018; and Bharat Ratna Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar are the successful print jobs produced by Spenta.
- Maxposure Media Group, which produces Shubh Yatra magazine for Air India, Spice Route magazine for SpiceJet Airlines, Vistara Magazine for Vistara Airline (JV between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines), GoGetter magazine, Inflight magazine for GoAir India, Trujetter magazine, inflight magazine for TruJet Airlines, Fly Smiles, Inflight magazine of Air Pegasus, Gulf Life magazine for Gulf Air out of Bahrain, Nawras magazine for Air Arabia in Sharjah and Morocco, Saudi Gulf magazine for Saudigulf Airlines in Saudi Arabia. It has its own operation in India, Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, South Africa and Singapore and sales network in over 20 countries. It is the largest custom & Inflight magazine publisher in Asia. It publishes over in over 20 languages and offers strong Mobile App, Digital (Website) and Social media platforms to its aviation clients.
- Ink is a global media company specialising in content and advertising for the travel sector, headquartered in London. The company works with over 27 airline, rail and hotel partners worldwide (including American Airlines, United, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, easyJet and Norwegian), with offices in London, New York, Miami, São Paulo and Singapore. Ink produces over 27 inflight magazines in 18 languages, and airline mobile apps for their travel partners. Ink offers advertising across magazines, and passenger travel documents (print-at home boarding passes, booking confirmation emails), in airline mobile apps and online properties. Their media channels reach over 783 million passengers every year.
- GroupSixPro, producing KAConfidential | The Exclusive In-flight Magazine of KaiserAir
- ExiGent Magazine is the official and exclusive in-flight magazine of several airlines specialized in business jets throughout Europe and Africa. ExiGent Magazine also is the corporate magazine of one of the largest luxury real estate agencies. The company works actually with 6 airline & real estate agency partners. (including Afrijet Business Service, Dassault Falcon Service, Jet Net Alliance, Helipass, Coldwell Banker France et Monaco and Sparfell and Partners). ExiGent Magazine produces 6 inflight magazines in 2 languages, French and English.
- Spafax, a multinational editorial and content marketing company based in London, Montréal and Toronto with more than 70 clients around the world. Its 13 offices worldwide - London, Toronto, Montréal, Santiago, Lima, Dubai, Frankfurt, Madrid, Kuala Lumpur, Miami, New York, California, Singapor - produce magazines and IFE products for clients such as British Airways, Air Canada, LAN, and Malaysia Airlines.
- Stream, producing around 10 inflight magazines, including Flybe and CityJet
- Agency Fish, whose main client is Srilankan Airlines and Garuda Indonesia
- Motivate Publishing, which produces the inflight magazine for, Open Skies, and Emirates' business- and first-class magazine, Portfolio
- Cedar Communications, which produces British Airways High Life, First Life and Business Life
- G+J Corporate Editors, which produces Lufthansa Magazin, Lufthansa Woman's world, Lufthansa exclusive and Holland Herald
- Lagardere France, whose main airline client is Air France
- Subcontinental Media Group, whose main airline clients are Biman Bangladesh Airlines from Bangladesh and Fly Africa Airlines in South Africa. It publishes Bihanga Magazine for Biman and Flyafrica.com Magazine for Fly Africa. It has own offices in Dhaka (Bangladesh), New Delhi, Kolkata in India and Johannesburg in South Africa. SMG has a sales network in over 15 key countries in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
- Bentang Media Nusantara, whose main airline clients are Lion Air, Wings Air and Batik Air
Specialized advertising agencies of inflight magazinesEdit
- giO media (inflight specialist for Benelux, Cyprus and Middle East markets), representing, recommending and centralizing all aspects of Inflight media. It is working for over 75% of all the airlines worldwide, such as British Airways, Air France, KLM, United-Continental, Emirates and Virgin Australia
- IMM International (inflight marketing bureau for France, Switzerland, UK, Italy and China markets), representing, recommending and centralizing all aspects of Inflight media. It works with 150 airlines worldwide (more than 200 magazines)
- The Media Ant, representing, recommending and centralizing all aspects of a few airlines. It works with 3 of 12 of the airlines in the country, such as IndiGo, Jetwings and Air Costa.
List of inflight magazinesEdit
- Air Canada : enRoute
- Air North : Yukon, North of Ordinary
- Air Transat: Atmosphere
- Porter Airlines : re:Porter
- Westjet : UP!
- Aeroméxico : Aire and Accent
- Mexicana de Aviación : VUELO (defunct)
- TAESA : Caminos (defunct)
- vivaAerobus : enVIVA
- Volaris : V de Volaris
- AirTran Airways : GO (defunct)
- Alaska Airlines : Alaska Airlines Magazine
- American Airlines : American Way, CL (Celebrated Living) - business class / NEXOS - Latin American flights
- Continental Airlines : ContinentalPacific (defunct)
- Delta Air Lines : Sky Magazine
- Hawaiian Airlines : Hana Hou!
- KaiserAir Inc. : KA Confidential
- Northwest Airlines : World Traveler (defunct)
- Pan American World Airways : Clipper Magazine (defunct)
- SeaPort Airlines : Cloud 9 magazine
- Southwest Airlines : Southwest Airlines Spirit magazine
- Spirit Airlines : Skylights
- United Airlines : Hemispheres, Rhapsody - first and business class magazines
- Aerolíneas Argentinas : Aerolineas Argentinas Magazine (formerly, Alta), Cielos Argentinos
- Aeroméxico : escala
- Grupo TACA : EXPLORE Magazine (defunct)
- LAN Airlines : in, inWines, inPremiere
- LATAM Airlines : "Vamos / LATAM"
- Varig : Ícaro (defunct)
- Adria Airways : Adria Airways Inflight Magazine
- Aegean Airlines : Blue
- Aer Lingus : Cara
- Aeroflot : Aeroflot, Aeroflot Premium, Aeroflot Style
- airBaltic: Baltic Outlook
- Air Berlin : Air Berlin Magazine
- Air France : Air France Magazine (Bon Voyage), "Air France Madame" - business class,
- Air Moldova : Altitude Inflight Magazine
- Air Serbia : Elevate
- AirClub : AirClub Magazine
- Alitalia : Ulisse
- Blue Panorama Airlines : Mondo in Blue
- bmi : Voyager
- bmibaby : yeahbaby (defunct)
- British Airways : High Life, Business Life - business class, First Life - first class
- Brussels Airlines : b.there!, b.spirit! - long haul
- Croatia Airlines: Croatia Magazine
- easyJet : easyJet Traveller
- Finnair : Blue Wings
- Flybe Group PLC : Flight Time
- Germanwings : GW
- Iberia : Ronda,Excelente
- Jet2.com: JetAway Magazine
- Jet Airlines; Jetwings Domestic and Jetwings International 
- KLM : Holland Herald
- LOT Polish Airlines: Kaleidoscope
- Lufthansa : Lufthansa Magazin, Woman's World, Lufthansa Exclusiv
- Martinair : M
- Meridiana: Atmosphere
- Monarch Airlines : Passport
- Nordstar : Летать легко (Easy to fly)
- Norwegian Air Shuttle : n Magazine
- PrivatAir : PrivatAir Magazine
- Ryanair : Let's Go Magazine
- S7 Airlines : S7 Magazine
- Scandinavian Airlines System : Scandinavian Traveler
- TAP Air Portugal : UP
- TAROM : Insight, SkyLady
- Thomas Cook : Thomas Cook Travel Magazine, Thomas Cook Emporium
- Thomson Airways : Inflight
- Turkish Airlines : Sky Life
- Wind Jet : Check-Out
- Wizz Air : Wizz Magazine
- WOW air : WOW magazine 
- Air Algérie : Tassili
- Air Arabia Maroc: Nawras (Moroccan Edition)
- Arik Air : Wings
- Egyptair : Horus
- Ethiopian Airlines : selamta
- Fly Africa : Fly Africa Magazine
- South African Airways : sawubona
- TAAG : Austral
- LAM : Índico
- Air China: Wings of China
- Air India : Shubh Yatra Magazine
- Air Macau : Air Macau Magazine
- Air Mandalay : Air Mandalay - Golden Flight
- AirAsia : Travel 3Sixty
- AirAsia X : Travel3Sixty
- All Nippon Airways : Wingspan
- Asiana Airlines : Asiana
- Bangkok Airways : Fah Thai
- Batik Air : Batik
- Biman Bangladesh Airlines : Bihanga
- Cathay Dragon : Silkroad
- Cathay Pacific : Discovery
- Cebu Pacific : Smile
- China Airlines : Dynasty
- China Eastern Airlines : Connections
- China Southern Airlines: NiHao (English), Gateway 南方航空 (Chinese), Elite (Chinese)
- Citilink : Linkers
- EVA Air : enVoyage
- Garuda Indonesia : Colours
- GoAir: GoGetter magazine
- Indonesia AirAsia : Travel 3Sixty
- Kalstar Aviation : Kalstar
- Korean Air : Morning Calm, Beyond
- Japan Airlines : Skyward
- Jeju Air : Joy & Joy
- Jetstar Airways : Jetstar Asia / Jetstar Japan
- Juneyao Airlines : "The Moment"
- Lion Air : Lionmag
- Malaysia Airlines : Going Places
- Malindo Air : Malindomag
- Nok Air : Jibjib
- Pakistan International Airlines : Humsafar
- PAL Express : La Isla
- Philippine Airlines : Mabuhay
- Philippines AirAsia : Travel 3Sixty
- Scoot : Scoot
- SilkAir : SilkWinds
- Singapore Airlines : SilverKris
- SpiceJet : SpiceRoute
- SriLankan Airlines : Serendib
- Sriwijaya Air : Sriwijaya
- Thai AirAsia : Travel 3Sixty
- Thai AirAsia X " Travel 3Sixty
- Thai Airways : Sawasdee
- Thai Lion Air : Lionmag
- Thai Smile : WE Smile
- Tigerair Taiwan: Tiger Tales
- TruJet: Trujetter magazine
- TurboJet : Horizon
- VietJet Air : One2Fly
- Vietnam Airlines : Heritage (monthly), Heritage Fashion (monthly starting 15th day of the month), Heritage Japan (quarterly)
- Vistara: Vistara Magazine
- Wings Air : Wings
- Air Arabia: Nawras
- El Al : Atmosphere
- Emirates : Open Skies and Portfolio for business and first class.
- Etihad Airways : Etihad Inflight and Aspire
- flynas : flynas magazine
- Gulf Air : Gulf Life
- Jazeera Airways : J Magazine
- Kuwait Airways : Al-Buraq
- Oman Air : Wings of Oman
- Qatar Airways : Oryx
- Royal Jordanian : Royal Wings
- Safi Airways : Safi Airways Inflight Magazine
- Saudia : Ahlan Wasahlan
- Saudigulf: Saudi Gulf magazine
- Air New Zealand : Kia Ora
- Jetstar Airways : Jetstar Australia
- Qantas : Qantas The Australian Way
- Tigerair Australia: Tiger Tales Australia
- Virgin Australia : Voyeur
Quite similar to inflight magazines, some railroad companies offer a comparable product aboard their long distance trains, e.g. Deutsche Bahn's mobil or Indian Railways' Rail Bandhu] magazine. This magazine is also distributed via the seats of the passenger cars.
- Daniel Michaels (27 November 2009). "Magazine publisher finds profit in airlines". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Holland Herald Media Buyers Handbook 2012" (PDF). Holland Herald. 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "Holland Herald". ink-live.com.
- "Inflight Connectivity Growing but Risks Remain » APEX Editor's Blog". Blog.apex.aero. 2011-08-01. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "The In-Flight Magazine Quick Reference PDF". Inflight-magazines.com. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "11 ways airlines are deploying the Apple iPad". airlinetrends.com. 8 August 2011.
- "giO media". Gio-media.nl. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "Inflight Advertising & Inflight Media Marketing". IMM International. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "The Media Ant: The one-stop shop for information on non-traditional media platforms". Afaqs. Retrieved 2012-11-22.
- "American Way Inflight Magazine".
- "Nexos Inflight Magazine".
- "Hemispheres Inflight Magazine".
- "Rhapsody Inflight Magazine".
- http://magazines.airfrance.com/. Missing or empty
- "AirClub Inflight Magazine".
- "b.there Magazine".
- "b.spirit Magazine".
- "Traveller — Inflight Magazine of easyJet".
- "Germanwings Inflight Magazine".
- "Ronda Inflight Magazine".
- "Excelente Inflight Magazine".
- "Jet2 Inflight Magazine".
- "Book Air Tickets - International & Domestic Flights - Jet Airways". www.jetairways.com. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "Welcome to Spenta Multimedia". www.spentamultimedia.com. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "Monarch Passport". Monarch. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Norwegian Inflight Magazine".
- "PrivatAir Inflight Magazine".
- "RyanAir Inflight Magazine".
- "Thomas Cook Inflight Magazine".
- "Thomas Cook Emporium Magazine".
- "Inflight Magazine of Wizz Air".
- > "Inflight magazine of WOW air".
- "Bangkok Airways Inflight Magazine". Archived from the original on 2008-05-13.
- "Smile Magazine for Cebu Pacific".
- "Jetstar Asia Inflight Magazine".
- "Jetstar Japan Inflight Magazine".
- "In-Flight Entertainment - Atmophere Magazine". El Al Israel Airlines. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- "Flynas Inflight Magazine".
- "Jetstar Australia Inflight Magazine".
- "Tiger Tales Australia Inflight Magazine".