Industry station is a Metrolink train station located at 600 S. Brea Canyon Road in Industry, California. It is owned and operated by the City of Industry. Metro and Foothill Transit provide connecting service at the station with lines 484 and 482, 495 and 498. There are approximately 1,440 parking spaces available. Foothill 482 is a local bus route serving the area. There is no rail service to this station on weekends, but connecting buses continue to run with a limited schedule. In 2011, the Industry station had the highest ridership on the Riverside line, averaging 1,378 daily boardings, representing 34.5% of all boardings for the Riverside line.
|Metrolink commuter rail station|
|Location||600 South Brea Canyon Road|
Industry, California 91789
|Owned by||City of Industry|
|Line(s)||UP Los Angeles Subdivision|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Opened||June 14, 1993|
The City of Industry station opened on June 14, 1993, and built at a cost of $2.4 million. In 1994, the Riverside line, which then ran from downtown Los Angeles to the Industry station, had Metrolink's highest ridership per week, averaging 2,000 passengers. In 2012, 8,000 solar panels were installed to cover 940 parking spaces in an $11 million project that generates 2.2 megawatts (3,000 hp) of electricity per hour. The project also included the installation of 64 electric car charging stations. Most of the funding came from Proposition 1A, although the South Coast Air Quality Management District also provided a $2 million grant.
Platforms and tracksEdit
|North track||■ Riverside Line||toward L.A. Union Station (Montebello/Commerce)|
|■ Riverside Line||toward Riverside-Downtown (Downtown Pomona)|
- SMA Rail Consulting (April 2016). "California Passenger Rail Network Schematics" (PDF). California Department of Transportation.
- "Metrolink Station Boardings (Average Weekday FY12 Q3)" (PDF). Metrolink. 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "Riverside Line 2011 Demographics Fact Sheet" (PDF). Metrolink. 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 June 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "Area Commuters Now Served by New Metrolink Route". Los Angeles Times. 17 June 1993. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "The Region : Metrolink Ridership Figures". San Gabriel Valley Digest. 6 January 1994. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Velasco, J.D. (9 April 2012). "Solar carport at Industry Metrolink station capable of powering 1,300 homes". San Gabriel Valley Tribune. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Kryzanowski, Tony (July–August 2012). "City of industry moves into solar future". Energy Sources magazine. Retrieved 26 October 2012.