IndusInd Bank Limited is an Indian new generation bank in Pune, established in 1994. The bank offers commercial, transactional and electronic banking products and services. IndusInd Bank was inaugurated in April 1994 by then Union Finance Minister Manmohan Singh. Indusind Bank is the first among the new-generation private banks in India.
We Make You Feel Richer
|Traded as||NSE: INDUSINDBK|
BSE SENSEX Constituent
NSE NIFTY 50 Constituent
|Sumant Kathpalia |
(MD & CEO)
|Products||Credit cards, Consumer banking, Corporate banking, Finance and Insurance, Mortgage loans, Private banking, Wealth management, Investment banking|
|Revenue||₹18,577.16 crore (US$2.6 billion) (2017)|
|₹5,451.01 crore (US$760 million) (2017)|
|₹2,867.89 crore (US$400 million) (2017)|
|Total assets||₹178,648.41 crore (US$25 billion) (2017)|
Number of employees
|Capital ratio||15.31% |
The bank started its operations with a capital amount of ₹100 crores among which ₹60 crores were raised by Indian residents and ₹40 crores were raised by Non-Resident Indians. The bank has specialized in retail banking services and continuously upgrades its support systems by introducing newer technologies. It is also working on expanding its network of branches all across the country along with meeting the global benchmark. According to the bank, its name is derived from the Indus Valley Civilisation.
As on 31 December 2018, IndusInd Bank had 1,558 branches, and 2453 ATMs spread across different geographical locations of the country. It also has representative offices in London, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Mumbai has the maximum number of bank branches followed by New Delhi and Chennai. The bank has also proposed to double the branches count to 1200 by March 2019.
The bank began its operations on 17 April 1994 under the chairmanship of S.P. Hinduja with the primary objective of serving the NRI community.
Board of directorsEdit
Indusland Bank has appointed Sumant Kathpalia as the Managing Director and CEO with effect from Tuesday for a period of three years. The appointment was announced as Romesh Sobti retired as the MD & CEO of the Bank on Monday after a 12 year stint.
In a regulatory filing on Monday evening, the bank said that Kathpalia would take charge as 'Additional Director' on Tuesday and would be designated as MD and CEO.
R. Seshasayee, a chartered accountant, is the current chairman of the board. The other members on the board are Rajiv Agarwal, Kanchan Chitale, Shanker Annaswamy, T. T. Ram Mohan, Akila Krishnakumar, Arun Tiwari, and Siraj Chaudhry..
- Branch banking.
- Consumer Finance.
- Corporate Banking & Finance.
- Commercial & Transaction Banking.
- Cash Management Services (CMS).
- Trade Service Utility (TSU)
- Depository Operations
- Treasury Operations
- Wealth management Service
- "Balance Sheet 31.03.2017" indusind.com (15 March 2018).
- "IndusInd Bank adds 2% on NCLT nod for merger with BFIL". moneycontrol. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- "AAnnual Report 2018-19" (PDF). www.indusind.com. Retrieved 16 February 2020.
- "Vision and Mission".
- "Indusind Bank Ltd - Profile". Indusind Bank Ltd. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "IndusInd Bank Q3 Operating Profit at Rs. 2,117 crores" (PDF). IndusInd Bank.
- "Indusind Bank Limited - Profile". Indusind Bank Ltd. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "Indusind Bank Ltd - Branch Details". All India Codes. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "IndusInd Retail Research Report - Religare Online" (PDF). Religare Securities. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 16 September 2014. Cite journal requires
- "Indusind Bank Ltd - Board of Directors". Indusind Bank Limited. 25 May 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2013.