This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
PT Indosat Tbk, (doing business as Indosat Ooredoo since 2015 due to Ooredoo's majority stake), is a telecommunications provider in Indonesia. The company offers wireless services for mobile phones, and to a lesser extent, broadband internet lines for homes. Indosat operates their wireless services under a few sub-brands, among them are IM3, Mentari, and Matrix. These brands differ by their payment model (pre-paid vs. post-paid) as well as pricing. Indosat also provides other services such as IDD, fixed telecommunications, and multimedia.
Headquarters of Indosat Ooredoo in Jakarta
(black tower in the center)
|Traded as||IDX: ISAT|
|Founded||20 November 1967|
|Headquarters||Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat No. 21|
|Chris Kanter, President Director & CEO Indosat Ooredoo |
|Products||Cellular, Fixed Line and MIDI (Multimedia Data Internet) services|
|Revenue||Rp 29.184 trillion (2016)|
|Rp 1.1 trillion (2016)|
|Total assets||Rp 50.838 trillion (2016)|
|Owner||Ooredoo Asia PTE LTD (65.00%)|
Government of Indonesia (14.29%)
Skagen AS entities (5.42%)
In February 2013, Qtel, a majority stakeholder in Indosat, rebranded itself as Ooredoo. This was followed by a renaming of all their subsidiaries across multiple countries. As such, Indosat was renamed Indosat Ooredoo on November 19, 2015.
As of Q3 2017, Indosat has 97 million subscribers. This is a sharp increase from 2013, where the number was 58.5 million. Data from 2016 shows that Indosat has 22.2% of the market share, making them the second largest mobile network operator in the country.
Indosat was established as the first foreign investment company in Indonesia that provides international telecommunication services using an international satellite.
Indosat expanded into becoming the first international company that was acquired and 100% owned by the Indonesian Government.
Indosat acquired Satelindo and SLI through share majority. They also established PT Indosat Multimedia Mobile (IM3) to provide and operate a nationwide GPRS network, a first for the country. In 2003, Indosat merged with its 3 subsidiaries—Satelindo, IM3, and Bimagraha—and established itself as a mobile network operator.
Indosat was granted a 3G network license and introduced a 3.5G service in Jakarta and Surabaya. In 2009, Qtel bought 24.19% of series B shares from the public and became Indosat's majority shareholder with a 65% ownership. They were granted the use of additional 3G frequencies later that same year. Indosat also won the WiMAX bid from the government during this period.
In 2014, Indosat launched and commercialized a 4G service at 900 MHz, with a download speed of up to 42 Mbit/s. The service was first rolled out in the major cities, with planned expansions to rural areas. On November 2015, Indosat rebranded itself as Indosat Ooredoo.
PT Aplikanusa Lintasarta (Lintasarta)
- Lintasarta (PT Aplikanusa Lintasarta) is an Indonesian company serving as provider of data communication. The company is majority owned by Indosat Ooredoo, while the remaining shares are owned by several institutions such as foundations and cooperatives. The company provides various terrestrial solution services (Wireline, Wireless) and VSAT with multiple platforms such as Clear Channel, Frame Relay, and IP. It also provides dedicated internet service and acts as a Data Center.
PT Indosat Mega Media (IndosatM2)
- PT Indosat Mega Media (IndosatM2) is a company 100 percent owned by PT Indosat Tbk, a telecommunications service provider in Indonesia. IndosatM2 has been operational since 2000 in building and applying IP based services and products, internet, and multimedia in Indonesia.
- Sinyal Kuat Indosat (Indosat Strong Signal, 2002–2005)
- Indosat, Kami Lebih Peduli (Indosat, We Care More, 1994–2005)
- Indosat, The Future is Here (2005–2006)
- Punya Indosat (Owned By Indosat, 2006–2015)
As Indosat OoredooEdit
- Indosat Ooredoo, Mari Sambut Perubahan (Indosat Ooredoo, Lets Welcome The Change, 2015–present)
- "Indosat: About Us".
- "Shareholders (as of 31 March 2014)" (PDF). Indosat. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- Investments, Indonesia. "Indosat Indonesia Investments". www.indonesia-investments.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Conexus". www.conexusmobile.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Qtel rebrands as Ooredoo - - ITP.net". ITP.net. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Indosat Ganti Nama jadi Indosat Ooredoo". CNN Indonesia. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Hingga Kuartal III/2017, Indosat Catat Laba Usaha Rp3,83 Triliun".
- "Indosat`s profit plunges 52.5 pct". www.antaranews.com. Retrieved 2016-02-02.