Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati
Indian Institute of Information Technology Guwahati (IIIT G) is one of the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT) located in Guwahati in the state of Assam in India. It was set up by the MHRD, Government of India in public-private partnership (PPP) mode. It was declared as an Institute of National Importance under the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Public-Private Partnership) Act, 2017.
|Location||Guwahati, Assam, India
|Campus||Urban, 70-acre (0.28 km2)|
On 18 March 2013, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India introduced a bill in the Parliament to establish 20 new Indian Institute of Information Technology's in different parts of the Country. As per the bill, MHRD will establish the 20 new IIITs under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode partnering with respective state governments and industry partners. The industry partners are Tata Consultancy Services, Oil India, Srei Infrastructure Finance, Assam Electronics Development Corp (Amtron), Novatium and Medhassu eSolutions..
IIITG offers B.Tech degree in Computer Science and Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering. Admission to all undergraduate programmes are on the basis of the All India Rank (AIR) in the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) (JEE- Main). From 2015 onwards students enrolled in the research Doctoral Programme (awarding a Ph.D) after either completing a B.Tech degree or an M.Tech one.
IIIT Guwahati houses the following departments:
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (English, Linguistics, Economics and Political Science)
Placement cell provides a platform for the final year students to get job offers and also looks after the internships for the pre-final year students. The first batch completed its programme in May 2017, which consist mainly two Department ECE and CSE of B.Tech program. In the recently conducted placement session, several firms like Amazon, Directi, Smartprix, Nagarro, TCS, Zaloni, IBM Global services, FR Technology, Mettl etc., have participated and a number of students have been recruited.
Yuvaan is the annual technical cum cultural extravaganza of Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Guwahati.
- "IIITG Administration".
- "Bill in Lok Sabha to set up 20 more IIITs". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- MoU for setting up IIIT G under PPP mode
- "PM unveils plaque for foundation stone of campus for IIIT Guwahati". Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "IIITG-Undergraduate Programmes". iiitg.ac.in. Retrieved 22 Sep 2015.
- "IIITG-Doctoral Programmes". iiitg.ac.in. Retrieved 7 Feb 2015.
|This article about a university or college in Assam, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|