Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad (IIIT-Allahabad) is a public university located in Allahabad, in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India. It is one of the nineteen Indian Institutes of Information Technology listed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
|Location||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Campus||Urban, 100-acre (40 ha)|
The institution was founded in 1999, and in the following year received university status and the right to award its own degrees. In 2014 the IIIT Act was passed, under which IIITA and four other Institutes of Information Technology funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development were classed as Institutes of National Importance.
|University and College rankings|
|Engineering – India|
Effervescence is an annual cultural festival at the university. It lasts for three days and includes technology, debate, music, sports and other activities.
- "IIITA Director's Message".
- IIITs. Ministry of Human Resource Development. Accessed January 2017.
- "Joint Seat Allocation Authority 2016". Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "India's Best Colleges 2017: Engineering". India Today. 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Top Engineering Colleges". Outlook India. 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "Blazing start to Effervescence". Times of India. 2 October 2012.