Incest pornography is a genre of pornography involving the depiction of incest (sexual activity between relatives). Incest pornography can feature actual relatives, but the main type of this pornography is fauxcest, which features non-related actors of similar looks to suggest family relationship. This genre includes actors with various levels of kinship, including first cousins, aunts, uncles, parent(s), offspring, nieces and nephews.
History and legalityEdit
Arguably the most famous example of the genre is the Taboo film series of the 1980s. The first film in this series, which starred Kay Parker, was released in 1980. It spawned numerous sequels, several of which won adult film awards.
There is a substantial amount of incest pornography on the Internet, leading some to argue it may legitimize or encourage real-life incest. Jeffrey Masson has even argued that incest porn is "the very nucleus of pornography — its prototypical form."
Fauxcest refers to pornographic or erotic depictions of incest by actors who are merely pretending to be related but in actuality have no biological relation. Going back at least as far as the Christy twins in the 1970s, depictions of incest, and particularly incest between twins, have been a feature of gay pornography. Though the Christy twins may have been unrelated but similar-looking men and some twins have appeared together in scenes without substantial contact between them, some genuine twins have performed sexual acts on each other. It is illegal in many jurisdictions. For example, in Australia it is rated "Refused Classification" (RC).
Twincest and sibcest pornEdit
The 1999 William Higgins production Double Czech included actual sex between the Bartok twins, as did the 2009 sequel between the Richter twins, though the Bartok brothers were described as "looking utterly mortified" in their scene. Not so for another pair of Czech twins, Elijah and Milo Peters, who work together condomless for both oral and anal sex for studio Bel Ami. As of 2010, they were reported to live together as a monogamous couple outside of their porn careers and want to continue working together for another 50 years. Some scenes with the Peters twins together have needed to be re-edited in order to gain approval from film classification censors for distribution in markets including the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Gledhill, Chistine (2012). Gender Meets Genre in Postwar Cinemas. p. 77.
- Nancy E. Dowd; Dorothy G. Singer; Robin Fretwell Wilson (2005). Handbook of children, culture, and violence. Sage Publications. p. 72. ISBN 1-4129-1369-1.
- Kipnis, Laura (1999). Bound and gagged: pornography and the politics of fantasy in America. Duke University Press. pp. 191–194. ISBN 0-8223-2343-5.
- Kutner, Jenny (February 10, 2016). "One of the Fastest Growing Porn Genres Is Also One of the Most Taboo". Mic.com. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- Rogers, Thomas (May 21, 2010). "Gay Porn's Most Shocking Taboo". Salon. Retrieved September 9, 2012.
- J. C. Adams (May 4, 2009). "Real-Life Sibling Sex in Gay Porn Flicks". The Adams Report. Retrieved September 9, 2012.
- J. C. Adams (April 27, 2009). "Identical-Twin Sex Featured in 'Double Czech'". XBIZ. Retrieved September 9, 2012.
- J. C. Adams (June 4, 2009). "Bel Ami Twins No Longer 'Sex Buddies'". XBIZ. Retrieved September 9, 2012.