Inceptisols are a soil order in USDA soil taxonomy. They form quickly through alteration of parent material. They are more developed than Entisols. They have no accumulation of clays, iron oxide, aluminium oxide or organic matter. They have an ochric or umbric horizon and a cambic subsurface horizon.
|Used in||USDA soil taxonomy|
- "Inceptisols" (PDF). USDA-NRCS. Retrieved 2014-11-06.
- "Inceptisols". University of Florida. Archived from the original on September 18, 2004. Retrieved 2006-05-14.
- "Inceptisols". University of Idaho. Retrieved 2006-05-14.
- "Inceptisols". Michigan State University.
- IUSS Working Group WRB (2015). "World Reference Base for Soil Resources 2014, Update 2015" (PDF). World Soil Resources Reports 106, FAO, Rome.