Incat Crowther is an Australian Company, headquartered in Belrose, a suburb of Sydney specializing in Marine engineering design. Incat Crowther has offices in Lafayette, Louisiana, United States and Winchester, UK.
|Proprietary limited company|
|Headquarters||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Products||Ship Design - monohull, catamaran and trimaran|
The company has a diverse product portfolio of designs for monohull, catamaran and trimaran vessels with a composite, aluminium and steel construction for a range of sectors, including commercial, recreational, military and passenger.
The company was created from a merger of Incat Designs - Sydney and Crowther Designs in 2005.
Crowther Design founder Lock Crowther had a history in catamaran, trimaran and commercial vessel design.
In 1977), he formed a partnership, namely International Catamaran Pty Ltd designing and building catamarans in Tasmania. This combination made significant advances in fast powered catamaran technology culminating in the wave piercing catamarans.
Early in 1988, the shipyard partnership was mutually terminated and a design-only company, International Catamaran Designs Pty Ltd (Incat Designs - Sydney) was formed as part of the Hercus Marine Group. The other partner Robert Clifford then commenced designing and building under a new company, Incat Tasmania Pty Ltd.
Both merging companies have had long partnerships with the following shipyards: Gladding-Hearn Shipbuilding, Richardson Devine Marine, Nichols Bros, Gulfcraft, Cheoy Lee Shipyards, Aluminium Marine, Kvichak Marine and NQEA Australia.
Later partnerships have emerged with: Arpoador Engenharia, Astilleros Armon, ETP Engenharia Ltda., Incat, PT Caputra Mitra Sejati Shipyard, Veecraft Marine
Worldwide, over 550 vessels built to Incat Crowther designs have been delivered.
Incat Crowther designed vessels operate in the following countries:
Australia Azerbaijan Angola Brazil Brunei Cocos Islands China Honduras Hong Kong Indonesia Japan Mexico New Zealand Nigeria Philippines Russia Seychelles Singapore Tanzania Thailand United Kingdom USA
- "INCAT CROWTHER PTY LIMITED ACN 104 658 791". ASIC. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Incat Designs (Sydney) and Crowther Designs merge". Marinelog.com. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "1992 AGM Michell Medal - Philip Hercus". Engineers Australia. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "History". Incat. Archived from the original on 5 October 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "It's an Honour". Australian Government. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Incat Crowther marks 500-vessel milestone". Marine Log. 26 October 2017. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- "Our Boat". www.skirecord.com. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- [dead link]"World Water Ski Record". World Heritage Cruises. Archived from the original on 5 July 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- "Classic Cheoy Lee". siskiwit.com. Retrieved 18 September 2020.