Imdadul Haq Milan
Imdadul Haq Milan (born 8 September 1955) is a Bangladeshi novelist and editor of the daily newspaper Kaler Kantho. He is the recipient of Bangla Academy Literary Award in 1992 and Ekushey Padak in 2019.
Imdadul Haq Milan
ইমদাদুল হক মিলন
Milan in 2015
|Alma mater||Jagannath College|
|Awards||Bangla Academy Literary Award, Ekushey Padak|
Early life and educationEdit
Born in Bikrampur, Milan spent his childhood with his maternal grandmother. He then moved to Gendaria in Dhaka. He wrote his first story Bondhu in 1973. Bangla Academy's Uttaradhikar magazine published his first novel Jabojjibon. Milan graduated from Jagannath College.
As of February 2019, Milan has published over 200 books.
- Bhalobashar Shukh Dukh (1993)
- Jabojjibon (Lifelong, written in 1976, published in 1990)
- Nodi Upakhyan (The Story of River, 1985)
- Bhumiputro (A Son of the Soil, 1985)
- Kalakal (Proper or Improper Time, 985)
- Poradhinota (Subgugation, 1985)
- Rupnagor (A Place of Love, 1988)
- Rajakartontro (Time of the Collaborators, 1990)
- Based on liberation war
- Kalo Ghora (The Black Horse)
- Ekattor O Ekjon Maa (2019)
- Desh Vager Por (After the division of the country)
- Neta Je Rate Nihoto Holen (The night the leader was assassinated)
- O Radha O Krisna (O Radha! O Krisna!) in 1977 (published in 1982)
- Duhkho Kasto (Pains and Sufferings) in 1978 (published in 1982)
- Uponayok (The Second Hero) in 1979 (published in 1990)
- Kon Gramer meye(series BTV Natok)(2009–10)
- Shawreen Rahman (February 25, 2017). "Imdadul Huq Milan". The Daily Star. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
- "'Kaler Kantho' celebrates 5th anniversary". banglanews24.com. 2015-01-10. Retrieved 2015-08-03.
- পুরস্কারপ্রাপ্তদের তালিকা [Winners list] (in Bengali). Bangla Academy. Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- "Language Movement icon Golam Arif Tipu among 2019 Ekushey Padak nominees". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- Shah Alam Shazu (2013-02-04). "Imdadul Haq Milon: Romancing the readers". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- ""I am eternally grateful to my readers" - Imdadul Haq Milan". The Daily Star. 2019-02-06. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Imdadul Haq Milan.|