Iman Chakraborty (born 13 September 1989) is an Indian singer. Chakraborty won the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer in the year 2017 for her Bengali song "Tumi Jaake Bhalobasho" from Praktan film which is India's most prestigious award for the singers who lend their vocals for films soundtrack. Accordingly She is one of the few singers who have won a national award for the debut film song in India.
Iman Chakraborty during a function in Rabindratirtha in Ehimoy 2018.
|Born||13 September 1986|
Liluah, Howrah, West Bengal, India
|Genres||Filmi, Independent music, Rabindrasangeet|
Early life and careerEdit
Iman was born in the town Liluah of the Howrah district of the West Bengal state of India. During her growing up days she learnt music from her late mother Trishna Chakraborty and got inclined towards literary works of Rabindranath Tagore.
Her first break came when she approached Indian record label company Saregama, which decided to produce her first album 'Bosh te dio kachhe' in Bengali language. The album consisted of renditions of a few songs by Tagore. The album caught the eyes of composer Anupam Roy, who wanted to experiment with a fresh voice, with new vocal and tonal qualities, for his composition. She subsequently sang Roy's Bengali film song composition "Tumi Jaake Bhalobasho" which was her debut film song. The song earned her the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer
In December 2018, she released the song "Monn", the title song of the Tollywood album Monn. It was a duet with singer Sarbajit Ghosh, who is also the music director, composer, lyricist and producer of the song.
- "National Award beyond Imagination says Iman Chakraborty". The Hindu. 12 April 2017. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Pain has helped me emote better for my song". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Das, Soumi (5 December 2018). "ইমনের মনের খবর জানেন কি?". looptoop.com.
- এবেলা.ইন, নিজস্ব প্রতিবেদন. "বাংলার প্রথম সারির সঙ্গীতশিল্পীদের এক অ্যালবামে নিয়ে এল সর্বজিৎ-এর 'মন'". ebela.in.
- "ইমন চক্রবর্তী ও সর্বজিৎ ঘোষ সাক্ষাৎকার – ২৪ ঘন্টা খবর". 24ghantakhoboronline.com.
- "64th National award winners". Retrieved 6 July 2017.