The META is a 32-bit multithreaded microprocessor developed by Metagence Technologies Division from Imagination Technologies. First version of META were developed in 2001 as META-1 multithreaded DSP core aimed for audio, radio and video processing. META HTP core family was announced in 2007 and is based on META-2 architecture.
- Henry Davis (2006-03-20). "Inside the Imagination Technologies Meta processor". EETimes.
- "Imagination Technologies Announces New Revolutionary DSP Cores and Metagence Technologies Division". Imagination Technologies. 2001-05-08.
- "Imagination Technologies META HTP Multi-Threaded Processor IP Core". Design and Reuse. 2007-10-31.
- Peter Clarke (2007-11-07). "Meta HTP extends support for different operating systems". EE Times Europe.
- Product Description on Imagination Technologies website
- Pull new ImgTec Meta architecture from James Hogan
- "Linux 3.9 has been released". Kernel Newbies.
1.5. New architecture: Meta Imagination processors
- Richard Chirgwin (2013-05-01). "Linux kernel 3.9 lands. Power management, new processors, SSD caching and more". The Register.
The new kernel is now ported to .. Imagination Meta ATP and HTP processor cores – an embedded Linux play .. the Imagination devices turn in in digital radios.