Igwe, or Sky, is a royal title or method of addressing traditional rulers that control autonomous communities in Igboland. In other words, Igbos approximate the term to the HRH style. An Igwe is therefore defined as a holder of a title of respect and honor in Igboland. Such a person is otherwise known as an Eze.
Notable people who make use of the word include:
- Amaechi Igwe (born 1988), American soccer player
- Chioma Igwe (born 1986), American soccer player
- Ekene Igwe (born 1988), Nigerian footballer
- Leo Igwe (born 1970), Nigerian humanist and activist
- Igwe Aja-Nwachukwu (born 1952), Nigerian politician