Ida Bridgeman, Countess of Bradford
Ida Bridgeman, Countess of Bradford (28 November 1848 – 22 August 1936), formerly Lady Ida Frances Annabella Lumley, was the wife of George Bridgeman, 4th Earl of Bradford, and the mother of Orlando Bridgeman, 5th Earl of Bradford.
Lady Ida was born at Tickhill Castle, the daughter of Richard Lumley, 9th Earl of Scarbrough, and his wife, the former Frederica Mary Adeliza Drummond. She married the earl, then Viscount Newport, on 7 September 1869 at Maltby, Yorkshire. Their children were:
- Lady Beatrice Adine Bridgeman (1870-1952), who married Colonel Rt. Hon. Ernest George Pretyman and had children.
- Lady Margaret Alice Bridgeman (1872-1954), who married John Montagu-Douglas-Scott, 7th Duke of Buccleuch, and had children, including Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester.
- Orlando Bridgeman, 5th Earl of Bradford (1873-1957).
- Lady Helena Mary Bridgeman (1875-1947), who married Osbert Molyneux, 6th Earl of Sefton, and had children.
- Lady Florence Sibell Bridgeman (1877-1936), who married Ronald Collet Norman and had children.
- Commander The Hon. Richard Orlando Beaconsfield Bridgeman (1879-1917), who was killed in a flying accident in East Africa during the First World War.
- Lieutenant-Colonel The Hon. Henry George Orlando Bridgeman (1882-1972), who married Joan Constable-Maxwell and had children.
After the death of her husband in 1915, she became known as Dowager Duchess of Bradford. She remained resident at the family home of Castle Bromwich Hall until her death, following which the house was rented out. She is buried with her husband at St Andrew's Church, Weston-under-Lizard, near the family seat of Weston Park.
- G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume II, page 277.
- Mosley, Charles, editor. Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes. Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003. Page 483
- "Casualty Details: Bridgeman, Richard Orlando Beaconsfield". CWGC. Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- "No. 27382". The London Gazette. 3 December 1901. p. 8559.
- "Castle Bromwich Hall". History of Castle Bromwich. Retrieved 16 August 2018.