Ibraheim Malcolm-Ramon Campbell (born May 13, 1992) is an American football safety for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Northwestern, and was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the fourth round of the 2015 NFL Draft. Campbell has also played for the Houston Texans, Dallas Cowboys, New York Jets, and the Green Bay Packers.
Campbell with the Cleveland Browns
|No. 36 – Tennessee Titans|
|Born:||May 13, 1992|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Philadelphia (PA) Chestnut Hill|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 4 / Pick: 115|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
|Player stats at PFR|
Campbell grew up in Cheltenham Township, a township on the northern border of Philadelphia and attended Cheltenham public schools through 8th grade. Campbell then attended Chestnut Hill Academy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for high school, where he starred as both a running back and defensive back.
He rushed for 3,857 yards and 52 touchdowns during his career at running back. As a defensive back, he totalled 135 tackles and nine interceptions. He earned All-league (defensive back), All-state (running back), All-Southeastern Pennsylvania (running back) and All-city (defensive back) honors and was named to the Philadelphia Daily News' All-Decade team as a defensive back (26 players were honored on this team). He was named the Blue Devils' Offensive MVP. He had 1,885 yards and 28 touchdowns his senior season. He scored the game-winning TD vs. Haverford with a run in overtime that lifted CHA to the league championship. He was selected to play in Philadelphia's City All-Star game and Pennsylvania's East-West All-Star game, and was voted CHA's "Top Senior Athlete" in 2009–10.
Also a letterman in track & field, mostly in sprints and hurdles. He posted bests of 7.21 seconds in the 60 meters, 11.19 in the 100 meters, 8.60 in the 60m hurdles, 14.57 in the 110m hurdles and also 6.71 meters (22 ft) in the long jump.
Campbell accepted a football scholarship from Northwestern University. As a redshirt freshman, he became a starter at safety, posting 100 tackles (led the team), 3.5 tackles for loss, 2 interceptions, 4 passes defensed and one fumble recovery.
As a sophomore, he was one of the leaders of the defense, registering 89 tackles (fourth on the team), one interception and 12 passes defensed (led the team). As a junior, he tallied 74 tackles (fifth on the team), 2.5 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 4 interceptions (tied for the team lead) and one fumble recovery.
As a senior, he collected 54 tackles (sixth on the team), one tackle for loss, 3 interceptions (tied for the team lead). He finished his college career with 45 starts, 316 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, 11 interceptions (tied for third in school history), 24 passes defended (tied for fifth in school history), one sack and one fumble recovery.
Campbell was selected by the Cleveland Browns in the fourth round (115th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft. On May 19, Campbell signed a four-year, $2.79 million contract with the Browns with a $512,010 signing bonus.
In 2016, he started 8 games at strong safety. In 2017, he appeared in 8 games (2 starts), before being waived/injured by the Browns and placed on the injured reserve list on November 9. He was released with an injury settlement on November 16.
On September 1, 2018, Campbell was waived by the Texans.
New York JetsEdit
Green Bay PackersEdit
On November 5, 2018, the Packers claimed Campbell off waivers to shore up the secondary after trading Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to the Washington Redskins. He was placed on injured reserve on December 4, 2018.
On August 8, 2019, Campbell was re-signed by the Packers. He was placed on the reserve/PUP list on August 31, 2019. He was activated off PUP on November 5. He made his 2019 debut on November 10 in a Week 10 victory over the Carolina Panthers, recording three solo tackles and a forced fumble.
NFL career statisticsEdit
|2017||CLE / HOU||9||2||18||14||4||0.0||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2018||DAL / NYJ / GB||8||1||19||16||3||0.0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||1|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 13, 2015. Retrieved April 6, 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Rivals.com". Yahoo!.
- "Archives". Philadelphia Daily News.
- "Meet Ibraheim Campbell, Philly's Real-Deal NFL Safety Prospect". February 19, 2015.
- "Archives". Philadelphia Daily News.
- "Draft stock rising for safety Ibraheim Campbell from Philly". Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- Ulrich, Nate (May 20, 2015). "Browns sign safety Ibraheim Campbell, making running back Duke Johnson team's only 2015 draft pick not under contract". Akron Beacon Journal. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- "Browns sign DB Derron Smith". ClevelandBrowns.com. November 9, 2017. Archived from the original on February 13, 2018.
- "Browns activate WR Corey Coleman". ClevelandBrowns.com. November 16, 2017. Archived from the original on November 18, 2017.
- "Texans add Ibraheim Campbell to practice squad". HoustonTexans.com. December 13, 2017. Archived from the original on March 10, 2018.
- "TRANSACTIONS: Texans add three to active roster". HoustonTexans.com. December 19, 2017. Archived from the original on April 27, 2018.
- "TRANSACTIONS: Texans cut roster to 53". HoustonTexans.com. September 1, 2018.
- Eatman, Nick (September 2, 2018). "Cowboys Claim Guard, Veteran Safety Off Waivers". DallasCowboys.com.
- Williams, Charean (October 9, 2018). "Cowboys cut Ibraheim Campbell". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.
- Allen, Eric (October 24, 2018). "Jets Place RB Bilal Powell on Injured Reserve, Sign S Ibraheim Campbell". NewYorkJets.com.
- Greenberg, Ethan (November 2, 2018). "Jets Activate S Rontez Miles Off PUP, Waive S Ibraheim Campbell". NewYorkJets.com.
- Jones, Brian (November 5, 2018). "Packers claim S Ibraheim Campbell off waivers". 247Sports. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- "Packers sign LB Kendall Donnerson to active roster; S Ibraheim Campbell placed on injured reserve". Packers.com. December 4, 2018.
- "Packers sign S Ibraheim Campbell". Packers.com. August 8, 2019.
- "Packers announce roster moves". Packers.com. August 31, 2019.
- "Packers activate S Ibraheim Campbell from reserve/physically unable to perform". Packers.com. November 5, 2019.
- "Titans Agree to Terms with DB Ibraheim Campbell". TennesseeTitans.com. May 1, 2020.