Ibis GS-700 Magic
The Ibis GS-700 Magic is a Colombian ultralight and light-sport aircraft, designed and produced by Ibis Aircraft of Cali, introduced in 2003. The aircraft is supplied as a kit for amateur construction or as a complete ready-to-fly-aircraft.
|Ibis GS-700 Magic|
|Role||Ultralight aircraft and Light-sport aircraft|
|Status||In production (2015)|
|Variants||Ibis GS-710 Magic|
Ibis GS-750 Grand Magic
Design and developmentEdit
The Magic was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules and US light-sport aircraft rules, with different models for each category. It features a strut-braced high-wing, a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration enclosed cockpit, fixed tricycle landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration. The Magic strongly resembles the Cessna 150.
The aircraft is made from sheet 6061-T6 aluminum. Its 8.85 m (29.0 ft) span wing has an area of 12.48 m2 (134.3 sq ft) and mounts flaps. The standard engine available is the 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS four-stroke powerplant. The Magic was designed to use rough, unimproved airstrips.
A total of 102 Magics of all versions had been built by May 2011.
- Base model for the Latin American market with a 700 kg (1,543 lb) gross weight and optional Junkers ailerons and leading edge slats. It was Australian RA-Aus certified on 16 April 2009 at 570 kg (1,257 lb) gross weight.
- GS-700 LSA
- Model for the US LSA category with a 600 kg (1,323 lb) gross weight.
- GS-700 ULM (also called LV)
- Model for the European microlight category with a 450 kg (992 lb) gross weight.
Specifications (GS-700 LSA)Edit
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 6.85 m (22 ft 6 in)
- Wingspan: 8.55 m (28 ft 1 in)
- Height: 2.18 m (7 ft 2 in)
- Wing area: 12.48 m2 (134.3 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 6.4
- Empty weight: 320 kg (705 lb)
- Gross weight: 600 kg (1,323 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 75 litres (16 imp gal; 20 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 75 kW (101 hp)
- Propellers: 3-bladed Ivoprop
- Maximum speed: 195 km/h (121 mph; 105 kn)
- Cruise speed: 185 km/h (115 mph; 100 kn)
- Stall speed: 57 km/h (35 mph; 31 kn) flaps down
- Never exceed speed: 209 km/h (130 mph; 113 kn)
- Service ceiling: 3,600 m (11,800 ft)
- g limits: +4/-2
- Rate of climb: 5 m/s (980 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 45.7 kg/m2 (9.4 lb/sq ft)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 59. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 62. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- Jackson, Paul (ed): Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2012-2013, pages 166-167. Jane's Information Group, 2012. ISBN 978 0 7106 30001
- "MAGIC GS 700 LSA | Ibis Aircraft S.A." Ibis-aircraft.com. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- "MAGIC GS 700 ULM | Ibis Aircraft S.A." Ibis-aircraft.com. 2010-10-18. Retrieved 2012-07-18.