Ibex is an off-road vehicle, made by Foers Engineering Ltd in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, England. Foers offer the Ibex either ready-built or as a kit to build with donor parts from a Land Rover Defender on a monocoque chassis.
Foers offers the Ibex with a range of different wheelbases and body types.
Among other features, the Ibex can be built or delivered with Foer's patented Vector winch system. A winch is mounted centrally in the vehicle, and the cable runs to fairleads front and rear. This allows the vehicle to pull in either direction, or pull out the cable and secure it both ways, so that the vehicle can pull along the cable like a cable car.
There have been four generations of Ibex, from the Mk 1 in 1988 to the current Ibex F8.
ATAE Munro Mark 1Edit
The Munro Mark 1 is an electric 4x4 utility vehicle intended for farm use, which has been developed in Scotland on the platform of the V8-engined Foers Ibex F8 by East Kilbride-based company All Terrain All Electric Ltd, founded in 2019. Two years later, the first prototypes were released by the company, with the prototype Munro tested by presenter Jimmy de Ville on a Scottish farm, on the Fifth Gear Recharged episode first broadcast on the Freeview Quest channel on 9 December 2021.
In 2022, company founders Russ Peterson and Ross Anderson changed the name of ATAE to Munro Vehicles, with the £65,000 EV due to be produced in Glasgow from 2023 in limited numbers (until full production starts towards the end of the decade) and with exports to North America due to start soon afterwards.
- "Foers 4WD Winch". Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 3 March 2007.
- "Scottish Munro Mark 1 budget electric 4x4 would have Aussie appeal". 6 April 2021.
- "IBEX Technical Specifications". Welcome to IBEX Automotive 4x4.
- "The ATAE Munro Isn't Looking To Reinvent Off-Roading, It's Just Trying To Electrify It | Carscoops".
- "2022 ATAE Munro: Rugged electric 4x4 enters testing phase".
- "North One amps up Fifth Gear Recharged for Discovery". 13 October 2021.
- Fifth Gear Recharged, a Discovery+ programme broadcast on Quest 9 December 2021 and repeated on DMAX 10 December 2021
- "Scaling the Munro: Scotland's first 4x4 EV".
- "Munro EV Is A No-Frills Off-Roader From Scotland, Coming In The US In 2023 | Carscoops".
- "Munro 4x4 EV set to bring car manufacturing back to Scotland". 2 June 2022.
- official Ibex website
- Some information on the Ibex
- Patent application including diagrams for Foers Vector winch