I Never Cry
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"I Never Cry"|
|Single by Alice Cooper|
|from the album Alice Cooper Goes to Hell|
|B-side||"Go to Hell"|
|Songwriter(s)||Alice Cooper, Dick Wagner|
|Alice Cooper singles chronology|
The song was written by Cooper and Dick Wagner. The song reached number 12 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number nine on Cash Box in January 1977. In Canada, it spent two weeks at number five.
On an episode of his radio show broadcast on November 23, 2009 Cooper stated that "I Never Cry" was his biggest selling single, though he did not supply evidence The song was, however, his only gold record in the US besides his comeback hit in 1989, "Poison". "I Never Cry" was written about Cooper's experience with alcoholism, which one year later sent the performer into rehab. He called the song "an alcoholic confession".
It is still a smash hit in the Philippines up until now, especially during singing contests or during 70's - 80's music genre music shows.
In popular cultureEdit
- OPM R&B artist Jay-R performed the song in season 1 of the Philippine singing competition Your Face Sounds Familiar with a full impersonation of Alice Cooper. Cooper acknowledged the performance in a tweet.
- Child actor Awra Briguela performed the song in Kids of the Philippine singing competition Your Face Sounds Familiar with a full impersonation of Alice Cooper.
- The song was used in the final scene and closing credits of the 2011 Bobcat Goldthwait dark comedy, God Bless America.
- The song was covered by Filipina-Australian actress Iya Villania on her 2008 album, Finally!
- "Adult Contemporary Music Chart".
- "Top Singles – Volume 26, No. 14 & 15, January 08 1977". RPM. Library and Archives Canada. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- "Image : RPM Weekly - Library and Archives Canada". Bac-lac.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Whitburn, Joel (1999). Pop Annual. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0-89820-142-X.
- hombresg.8k.com - Discografia, archived from the original on December 21, 2009, retrieved January 10, 2010
- News, ABS-CBN. "What Alice Cooper says about Jay R's performance".
- Corp., ABS-CBN. "Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids: Awra Briguela as Alice Cooper - I Never Cry". ABS-CBNENT.
-  Archived December 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.