I Got the Hook-Up
I Got the Hook-Up is a 1998 U.S. crime comedy film, starring Anthony Johnson, Master P, Ice Cube, C-Murder and directed by Michael Martin. This was No Limit Records' first theatrical release. The movie was distributed by Dimension Films.
|I Got the Hook-Up|
|Directed by||Michael Martin|
|Music by||Tommy Coster richdruh|
|Edited by||T. David Binns|
|Distributed by||Miramax Films|
|Box office||$10.3 million|
Working out of their van, Black (Master P) and Blue (Johnson) deal in TV sets and boomboxes, but then a driver mistakenly drops off a cell phone shipment. Business is on the upswing, but then the local crime boss, Roscoe, and his enforcer, T-Lay (Tom Lister Jr.), have a deal go sour and blame Black and Blue. Lorraine's boss Dalton and the FBI are also closing in.
- Master P as Black
- A. J. Johnson as Blue
- Anthony Boswell as Little Brother
- Frantz Turner as Dalton
- Gretchen Palmer as Sweet Lorraine
- Harrison White as Tootsie Pop
- Helen Martin as Blue's Grandmother
- Joe Estevez as Lamar Hunt
- John Witherspoon as Mr. Mimm
- Mia X as Lola Mae
- Fiend as Roscoe
- Tommy "Tiny" Lister, Jr. as T-Lay
- C-Murder as O-Money
- Mr. Serv-On as Mad-Dogg
- Mystikal as Stupid
- Richard Keats as Jim Brady
- Sheryl Underwood as Bad Mouth Bessie
- Tangie Ambrose as Nasty Mouth Carla
- Ice Cube as Gun Runner
- Snoop Dogg as Pool Player/Bar Patron
- William Dixon as FBI Agent (uncredited)
- Devin Reeve as Gym Guy (uncredited)
According to Rotten Tomatoes, I Got The Hook Up received a 17% meaning a rotten or overwhelming dislike.
Master P announced in 2017 via Instagram he's looking for locations to film a sequel to the movie.