I Got You (Split Enz song)
"I Got You" is a 1979 song by New Zealand rock group Split Enz from their studio album True Colours. Split Enz's most commercially successful single, "I Got You" was written by Neil Finn and released in late 1979. In 2001, it was voted 11th best New Zealand song of all time by APRA.
|"I Got You"|
|Single by Split Enz|
|from the album True Colours|
|Recorded||Armstrong Studios, Melbourne, 1979|
|Label||Mushroom Records, Melbourne|
|Split Enz singles chronology|
Reviewed in Roadrunner at the time of release, it was said the song, "positively drips with appeal that only philistines could fail to appreciate," and asked readers to buy a copy as, "it deserves to be a hit."
The video clip features Neil Finn standing in a room with the other band members performing in a framed picture on the wall behind him.
- "I Got You" - 3:24
- "Double Happy" - 3:15
- "I Got You - Discogs". discogs.com. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- Cateforis, Theo (2011). Are We Not New Wave? : Modern Pop at the Turn of the 1980s (PDF). University of Michigan Press. p. 163. ISBN 0-472-03470-7.
- Robertson, Donald (1980). "45's". Roadrunner. Parkside, SA: 22.
- Kent, David. Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St Ives, N.S.W. (1993). ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "RPM Canadian Charts". Archived from the original on 23 October 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "The Irish Charts – Search Results – I Got You". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "New Zealand Charts". Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "UK Chart Stats". Archived from the original on 22 October 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Split Enz - Chart history". Billboard. 4 October 1980.
- (4 October 1980) Cash Box Top 100 Singles
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. Australian Chart Book, St Ives, N.S.W. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- Official Top 40 Singles
- Whitburn, Joel (1999). Pop Annual. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0-89820-142-X.
- Tannis Root Presents: Freedom of Choice on Amazon.com