INmusic festival is Croatia's biggest international contemporary music open-air festival. The festival is held annually in late June in Zagreb and takes place on the Isle of Youth (Croatian: Otok hrvatske mladeži) in the middle of Zagreb's Lake Jarun.
Rokia Traoré performing in 2009.
|Genre||Rock, world, electronic, reggae, folk, hip hop, dance|
|Dates||Late June (2–3 days)|
|Location(s)||Lake Jarun, Zagreb, Croatia|
|Attendance||c. 100,000 (2017)|
The festival was started in 2006 and is usually held over three days. It includes several genre-specific stages with internationally renowned indie rock, heavy metal and electronica artists. In 2008 The Times included INmusic among the top 20 European summer festivals, and it made the CNN's 2013 list of 50 greatest summer music festivals in the world. NME (New Musical Express) has reported from the festival since 2015 and hailed the festival as "the hidden festival gem of Europe" as well as listing it among the worlds top festival since 2017.
- Headliners: Franz Ferdinand and Morrissey
- Also performed: Archie Bronson Outfit, The Ex
- Local artists: Edo Maajka, Darkwood Dub, Ramirez
The second festival edition was held from the 27th–28th of August, 2007. Due to the festival's growing attendance a larger venue was necessary, so in 2007 the festival moved to the Isle of Youth at lake Jarun, and it was the first edition which took place at Jarun.
- Headliners: Sonic Youth and The Stooges
- Also performed: Happy Mondays, Asian Dub Foundation, New York Dolls, Roisin Murphy, !!! (Chk Chk Chk), Kultur Shock, The Hold Steady, Gilles Peterson, Banco de Gaia
- Local artists: Majke, The Beat Fleet, Gustafi, Obojeni program, Letu štuke, and others
The third festival edition took place from June 3rd–4th, 2008 at Jarun.
- Headliners: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and The Prodigy
- Also performed: Stereo MCs, Serj Tankian, Hot Chip, Tinariwen, Amadou & Mariam, The Go! Team, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, Sons and Daughters, Dreadzone, Jazzanova, XX Teens, Ed Kuepper & Jeffrey Wegener
- Local artists: Let 3, Kiril Džajkovski, Vještice, Atheist Rap, and others
For fourth festival edition took place from June 24th–25th, 2009 at Jarun. Scottish band Franz Ferdinand made their second appearance at the event.
- Headliners: Franz Ferdinand, Moby, Kraftwerk, N.E.R.D, Lily Allen
- Also performed: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Tricky, Editors, Dimmu Borgir, Anthrax, Hatebreed, Art Brut, Sergent Garcia, Rokia Traoré, Adrian Sherwood, Richard Dorfmeister, God Dethroned
- Local artists: Kiril Džajkovski, Kawasaki 3P, and others
The fifth edition of INmusic festival took place from June 21st–23rd 2010 at lake Jarun.
- Headliners: Alice in Chains, Billy Idol, Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem, The Flaming Lips
- Also performed: Morcheeba, !!! (Chk Chk Chk), Pendulum, Rise Against, Flogging Molly, Broken Social Scene, Audio Bullys, New Young Pony Club, Caribou, Skindred, Martina Topley-Bird
- Local artists: The Beat Fleet, Kawasaki 3P, Gustafi, The Bambi Molesters, and others
The festival's sixth edition took place from June 21st–22nd 2011, at Zagreb's lake Jarun.
- Headliners: Jamiroquai, Cypress Hill, Arcade Fire, Grinderman
- Also performed: The Streets, TV on the Radio, Mastodon, Jello Biafra, Buraka Som Sistema, Gentleman, The Dø
- Local artists: Dubioza kolektiv, Overflow, Elemental
The festival's seventh edition was held from June 28th–30th of June 2012. INmusic festival #7 was selected in the Top 50 World's best music festivals according to CNN International.
- Headliners: Franz Ferdinand, New Order, Gorillaz Sound System
- Also performed: Gorillaz Sound System, Mando Diao, Gogol Bordello, Archie Bronson Outfit, Retro Stefson, General Elektriks, Ines Mezel, Tamikrest, Fanga, Dry the River, Human Woman, Reptile Youth, Stuttgart Online
- Local artists: Vlasta Popić, Markiz, Ruiz, Valetudo, Hype, Pozdrav Azri, Punčke, Igut, Sick Swing Orchestra
The festival's eighth edition was held from June 24th- 26th, 2013.
- Headliners: Arctic Monkeys, Iggy & The Stooges
- Also performed: Basement Jaxx, Bloc Party, Editors, NOFX, Airbourne, Stealing Sheep, A Toys Orchestra, Mile Me Deaf, Rangleklods, Conquering Lion, Dikta, Roger the Mascot
- Local artists: Atheist Rap, Team Ghost, Dža ili Bu, S.A.R.S., Frenkie, Moveknowledgment, Pozdrav Azri, Gatuzo, Dosh Lee, She Loves Pablo, Radio Aktiv, Barbari, Antenat, Mašinko, Cherkezi United, D Elvis, B and the Boops, Achromatic Attic, Udriground
The ninth edition of INmusic festival was held from June 23rd-25th, 2014. With a growing number of festival attendees and need for additional camping accommodation for visitors from abroad, the festival expanded and moved the festival campsite to the neighboring Trešnjevka Isle which was connected to the festival site for the duration of the three festival days by a 100 meter long pontoon bridge over the lake.
- Headliners: The Black Keys, Pixies, MGMT, Foals
- Also performed: The Fratellis, Wolfmother, Flogging Molly, Bombay Bicycle Club, Digitalism, Crystal Fighters, Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni Ba, Bomba Estereo, Vitalic, Bombino, Jagwar Ma, Kuroma, Linkoban, Animal Music, Roger the Mascot, Streets of Mars, Stop Drop Robot.
- Local artists: Partibrejkers, Rambo Amadeus, Vlada Divljan, Ljetno Kino, Gatuzo, Kandžija i Gole Žene, S3ngs, N'toko, Žen, Baden-Baden, Elephant and the Moon, Pars Petrosa, Ti, Hype, Them Moose Rush, Your Gay Thoughts, The Canyon Observer, YEM kolektiv
The tenth INmusic festival was held from 22nd till 25 June 2015.[needs update]The festival featured a closing ceremony and fireworks in celebrations of the tenth anniversary.
- Headliners: Placebo, FFS (band), Rudimental, Paolo Nutini
- Also performed: Of Monsters and Men, La Roux, Future Islands, Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Death Cab for Cutie, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Eagles of Death Metal, Kate Tempest, Mike Skinner, Batida, Aziza Brahim, Katalina Kicks, The Mirror Trap, Royal Prospect, Comminor, Among Souls, Northlight, Telephonehookers, John Bull Gang, Dum i Huet, Charlie Harlow, Neweva, In Hours, Decaville, Antrox
- Local artists: Halka, Rambo Amadeus, Zadruga, Repetitor, Ljetno Kino, Jonathan, Ludovik Material, Sassja, Them Moose Rush, Killed a Fox, Muscle Tribe of Danger and Excellence, Ashes You Leave, NLV, Mnogi Drugi, Mel Camino, Clone Age, Mel & Django Jet, Čao Portorož, Jardier, And the Kid, Human, The Belle Infidels, Plastic Knives, Discohernia, DJ Ilko, YEM kolektiv...
INmusic festival #11 took place on 20–22 June 2016 in Zagreb, Croatia, in the isles of lake Jarun.In 2016 INmusic festival introduced a one of a kind 360 degree VJ stage inside the first world replica of the iconic Tesla Tower, inspired by the Croatian-born scientist and genius Nikola Tesla and in hommage to the recent passing of David Bowie who portrayed Tesla in Christoper Nolan's 2006 film The Prestige, but more importantly represented a symbol of musical innovation and genre bending in contemporary music.
INmusic festival #12 took place at lake Jarun in Zagreb, Croatia from the 19th–21st of June 2017.
INmusic festival #12 was sold a week before the start of the festival.
INmusic festival #13 took place at lake Jarun in Zagreb, Croatia from June 25th–27th, 2018 featuring performances by:
Monday, June 25th - Queens Of The Stone Age, David Byrne, The Kills, Superorganism, Témé Tan, Them Moose Rush, Straight Mickey And The Boyz, False Heads, Tyger Lamb, Rival Bones, Tus Nua, Nellcote, Grapevine Babies
INmusic festival #13 was sold a week before the start of the festival for a second year in a row.
INmusic festival #14 will take place at lake Jarun in Zagreb, Croatia from June 24th–26th, 2019 featuring performances by:
- "Završen do sada najposjećeniji INmusic festival" (in Croatian). 22 June 2017. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- Scurlock, Gareth. "Europe's 20 best summer music festivals 2008". The Times. London. Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- "50 greatest summer music festivals". travel.cnn.com. CNN. 10 June 2013. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "Franz Ferdinand i Morrissey po cijeni od 350 kuna". Jutarnji list (in Croatian). 14 April 2006. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Svi na Vip INmusic Festival, 27. i 28.8. Otok hrvatske mladeži, Jarun, Zagreb". ZbrdaZdola.com (in Croatian). Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- Blažević, Krešimir (18 April 2008). "Pustinjski blues Tinariwena na Vip INmusicu". Muzika.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Pogledajte raspored izvođača na T-Mobile INmusic festivalu". T-Portal.hr (in Croatian). 8 June 2009. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "T-mobile INmusic satnica". Muzika.hr (in Croatian). 20 June 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "2011 Programme". INmusic Festival. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Program". Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "One of a kind festival stage will be the world's first replica of the historic Tesla's tower". INmusic festival. 2016-05-19. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to INmusic festival.|