IEEE Xplore digital library is a research database for discovery and access to journal articles, conference proceedings, technical standards, and related materials on computer science, electrical engineering and electronics, and allied fields. It contains material published mainly by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and other partner publishers. IEEE Xplore provides web access to more than 5 million documents from publications in computer science, electrical engineering, electronics and allied fields. Its documents and other materials comprise more than 300 peer-reviewed journals, more than 1,900 global conferences, more than 11,000 technical standards, almost 5,000 ebooks, and over 500 online courses. Approximately 20,000 new documents are added each month. Anyone can search IEEE Xplore and find bibliographic records and abstracts for its contents, while access to full-text documents may require an individual or institutional subscription.
|Producer||Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and Institution of Engineering and Technology|
|Disciplines||Computer science, electrical engineering and electronics|
|Record depth||Index, abstracts, full-text|
|Format coverage||Journals, magazines, ebooks, conference proceedings, standards, courses|
|No. of records||5,360,654 (December 2020)|
|Update frequency||Daily; approximately 20,000 new documents are added each month|
- Roden, M S (Aug 2006). "IEEE Xplore 2.1". Choice. 43 (WEB X): 154.
IEEE Xplore is essential for technical libraries serving electrical engineering students, faculty, and professionals. A comprehensive database of more than a million full-text documents with more than 25,000 pages added each month, it contains all IEEE journals, transactions, letters, magazines, conference proceedings, and standards beginning with 1988 and selected documents as early as 1952....With more and more libraries substituting electronic information for paper copies, this online resource has become a must for electrical engineering reference.
- Wilde, Michelle (1 April 2016). "IEEE Xplore Digital Library". The Charleston Advisor. 17 (4): 24–30. doi:10.5260/chara.17.4.24.
The content of IEEE Xplore is technical in nature and will appeal to researchers working in technical fields, particularly electrical engineering, electronics, and computer science.
- "IEEE Xplore - Overview". ieeexplore.ieee.org. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- Scardiui, Brandi (April 2015). "IEEE Xplore". Information Today. 32 (3): 23.
IEEE adds about 25,000 new documents to Xplore each month.
- Griffin, Luke (2002-01-01). "IEEE Xplore". Reference Reviews. 16 (4): 27–28. doi:10.1108/rr.2002.16.4.27.198. ISSN 0950-4125.
- Griffin, Luke (August 2002). "IEEE Xplore. Version 1.3". Online Information Review. 26 (4): 285. doi:10.1108/oir.2002.26.4.285.12.
- "IEEE Xplore Digital Library Subscriptions". www.ieee.org. Retrieved 2020-09-04.