IEEE Software is a bimonthly peer-reviewed magazine and scientific journal published by the IEEE Computer Society covering all aspects of software engineering, processes, and practices. Its mission is to be the best source of reliable, useful, peer-reviewed information for leading software practitioners—the developers and managers who want to keep up with rapid technology change. It was established in 1983 and is published by the IEEE Computer Society. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2018 impact factor of 2.945.
|Discipline||Computer science, Software|
|Edited by||Ipek Ozkaya|
IEEE Software received the APEX 2016 Award of Excellence in the “Magazines, Journals & Tabloids — Electronic” category. IEEE Software's November/December 2016 issue, “The Role of the Software Architect,” won the 2017 Folio Eddies Digital Award in the "Standalone Digital Magazine; Association/Non-Profit (B-to-B) – Standalone Digital Magazine – less than 6 issues" category. IEEE Software also received an honorable mention in the Folio Digital Awards in 2018.
- Ipek Ozkaya (Software Engineering Institute) 2019–present
- Diomidis Spinellis (Athens University of Economics and Business) 2014–2018
- Forrest Shull, 2011–2014
- Hakan Erdogmus, 2007–2010
- Warren Harrison, 2003–2006
- Steve McConnell, 1999–2002
- Alan M. Davis, 1995–1998
- Carl Chang, 1991–1994
- Ted Lewis, 1987–1990
- Bruce Shriver, 1983–1986
- "IEEE Software". 2018 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2018.
- Warren Harrison (2003). "Our 20th Anniversary". IEEE Software. 20 (6): 5–7. doi:10.1109/MS.2003.10026.
- Scott Laningham (2007). "developerWorks Interviews: IEEE Software Magazine's Hakan Erdogmus". IBM developerWorks podcast. Archived from the original on 2010-04-17. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Hakan Erdogmus (2009). "IEEE Software's 25th-Anniversary Top Picks". IEEE Software. 26 (1): 9–11. doi:10.1109/MS.2009.13.