IEEE Consumer Electronics Society
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Society (CE Society or CESoc) is a professional society of the IEEE that focuses on the "theory and practice of Electronic Engineering and of the allied arts and sciences with respect to the field of Consumer Electronics and the maintenance of a high professional standing among its members". Wahab Almuhtadi is the current president of the IEEE CE society.
In 1983, the IEEE Broadcast, Cable and Consumer Electronics Society was broken apart into two societies, the IEEE Consumer Electronics Society and the IEEE Broadcast Technology Society.
Field of InterestEdit
The field of interest of the IEEE Consumer Electronics Society is engineering and research aspects of the theory, design, construction, manufacture or end use of mass market electronics, systems, software and services for consumers.
IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine is an award-winning periodical which has received multiple awards:
** CE Magazine received an Apex Grand Award for "Excellence in Writing" in 2013. ** CE Magazine received the Regional 2016 STC Technical Communication Awards - Award of Excellence.
- IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering
- IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Autonomous Mental Development
- IEEE Transactions on Big Data
- IEEE Transactions on Games (previous IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and Games)
- IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics
- IEEE Transactions on Haptics
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Society sponsors a number of internationally recognized conferences that focus on the consumer electronics field of interest.
- The IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE) is the society's primary annual event. Every year the conference is held in Las Vegas, just after the Consumer Electronics Show.
- The IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronics (ISCE) is also an annual event typically organized by the society's international chapters.
- The IEEE Games, Entertainment, Media Conference (IEEE GEM) is an annual event focusing on innovative research in games technologies and to make these technologies more accessible to academia and industry. The conference was named The IEEE International Games Innovations Conference (IGIC) before.
- The IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics—Berlin (ICCE-Berlin) is an annual regional conference focusing on consumer electronics
- The IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics—Taiwan (ICCE-Taiwan) is an annual regional conference focusing on consumer electronics
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Society is a member of two IEEE councils:
- IEEE Biometrics Council
- IEEE Technical Committee on RFID
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Society currently has 20 chapters spread all over the world:
- Bangalore, India
- Beijing, China
- Eindhoven (Benelux)
- Hong Kong
- Princeton (Joint Communications and Consumer Electronics Chapter)
- Russia Northwest (Joint Broadcast Technology, Consumer Electronics and Communications Chapter)
- San Diego
- San Fernando Valley
- Silicon Valley
- United Kingdom and Ireland (Joint Consumer Electronics and Broadcast Technology Chapter)
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Society awards the following IEEE distinctions:
- The Early Career Award
- TAB Awards:
- Chester W. Sall Memorial Awards
- Outstanding Service Award
- Significant Achievement Award
- The CE society also advises the IEEE Board of Directors for the awarding of the Masaru Ibuka Consumer Electronics Technical Field Award.
- IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine (CEM) Awards
- IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine Best Paper Awards
- Best Performing Member of Editorial Board of IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine
- IEEE CESoc Homepage Archived 2009-03-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Wahab Almuhtadi, http://www.algonquincollege.com/sat/program/bit-photonics-and-laser-technology/wahab-almuhtadi-ph-d/
- CE BOG Officers and Chairs, https://cesoc.ieee.org/about/ce-bog-voting-members/ce-bog-officers-and-chairs.html
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Consumer Electronics Society History". IEEE History Center. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- Field of Interest
- IEEE CES Publications
- CESoc World, http://newsmanager.commpartners.com/ieeecesoc/issues/2018-02-28-email.html
- Saraju P. Mohanty, Editor-in-Chief (EiC), IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, http://cesoc.ieee.org/publications/ce-magazine.html.
- Saraju P. Mohanty, Editor-in-Chief (EiC), IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/servlet/opac?punumber=5962380.
- Dr. Saraju Mohanty Named Editor-in-Chief of Consumer Electronics Magazine, https://facultysuccess.unt.edu/dr-saraju-mohanty-named-editor-chief-consumer-electronics-magazine
- IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, https://rbme.embs.org/
- IEEE Transactions on Big Data, https://www.computer.org/web/tbd
- IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics
- Fernando Pescador, Editor-in-Chief (EiC), IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, http://cesoc.ieee.org/publications/ieee-transactions-on-consumer-electronics.html.
- Fernando Pescador, https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=1UOXV78QmzIC&hl=en