IEEE Antennas & Propagation Society
Before the merger of AIEE and IRE in 1963, the predecessor of the IEEE Antennas & Propagation Society (AP-S) was the IRE Professional Group on Antennas and Propagation (PGAP), formed in 1949.
Field of InterestEdit
The society’s field of interest is defined on its homepage as "antennas, including analysis, design, development, measurement, and testing; radiation, radio propagation, and the interaction of electromagnetic waves with discrete and continuous media; and applications and systems pertinent to antennas, propagation, and sensing, such as applied optics, millimeter- and sub-millimeter-wave techniques, antenna signal processing and control, radio astronomy, and propagation and radiation aspects of terrestrial and space-based communication, including wireless, mobile, satellite, and telecommunications".
The IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society publishes three notable academic publications, including:
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society History". IEEE History Center. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- IEEE AP-S
- IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation home page
- IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters Archived 2009-06-09 at the Wayback Machine
- "IEEE Xplore: IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine". ieeexplore.ieee.org. IEEE. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine". ResearchGate. Retrieved 14 May 2018.