ICM Partners is a talent and literary agency with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C. and London. ICM (International Creative Management) Partners represents clients in the fields of motion pictures, television, music, publishing, live performance, branded entertainment and new media. Its corporate headquarters are in Constellation Place in Century City, Los Angeles.
|Industry||Talent and Literary Agencies|
|Founded||Century City, Los Angeles, California, United States (1975)|
Century City, Los Angeles, California (United States)
In 2006, ICM acquired the literary agency Broder Webb Chervin Silbermann.
In 2012, the agency completed a management buyout and formed a partnership with the new name, ICM Partners.
In March 2018, ICM acquired the Just For Laughs comedy festival, as part of a partnership with Howie Mandel. A 51% majority was later sold to Bell Media and Groupe CH to maintain a primarily-Canadian ownership.
ICM Partners' motion picture department represents film actors, actresses, directors and writers from around the world. The department also features a division dedicated to production professionals such as cinematographers, editors, 2nd unit directors, composers, production designers, costume designers and visual effects supervisors.
ICM Partners' International and Independent Group structures and arranges financing and packaging, and secures distribution for independent motion pictures.
ICM Partners' television department represents on-air and creative talent in all segments of the industry, including network, cable and first-run syndication.
ICM Partners represents several executive producers and other showrunners and has packaged hit shows such as Grey’s Anatomy; Scandal; The Black List; The Big Bang Theory Dancing with the Stars; Modern Family; Criminal Minds; Undercover Boss; Cougar Town; House; Breaking Bad; Mike & Molly; The Simpsons; Two and a Half Men; Sons of Anarchy; Psych; The Ellen DeGeneres Show; America’s Next Top Model; Kitchen Nightmares; Last Comic Standing; Don't Forget the Lyrics; Friends; Army Wives; Cheers; Sex and the City; Frasier; Scrubs; and The X-Files.
ICM Partners represents recipients of the Nobel Prize, Pulitzer Prize, National Book Award and other literary honors. Among the agency’s clients are Patricia Cornwell, Thomas Friedman, Anna Quindlen, E.L. Doctorow, Walter Isaacson, Carl Hiaasen,  Tom Bissell, Anthony Swofford, Chris Cleave, Candace Bushnell, John Feinstein, Ann Patchett, Carol Higgins Clark and Steve Martin. In addition, the agency represents the estates of Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss), Arthur Miller, E.B. White, and Tennessee Williams, among others. The agency routinely represents more than 100 titles on the New York Times Best Seller list annually.
Music and comedyEdit
ICM Partners' concert and live appearances department represents artists in all musical genres as well as comedians and lecturers. The agency arranges engagements and tours in venues around the world for a wide range of acts.
ICM Partners’ global branded entertainment division’s services range from celebrity endorsements, product placement and music tour sponsorship to brand integration, such as the creation and packaging of original branded films and television shows. The agency's celebrity endorsements department services all ICM Partners' film and television talent for on-camera, print and voiceover commercial work as well as for paid media campaigns in the U.S. and overseas .
ICM Partners acquired New York City speakers agency, Royce Carlton, Inc., in 2017. From the acquisition until late 2019, the lecture division still went by the Royce Carlton name. On October 16, 2019, the division rebranded to ICM Speakers and relocated to the Washington, DC office. ICM Speakers' division services include the management and representation of professional public speakers. A few notable clients include famed author, Mitch Albom, Pulitzer Prize winning author, John Meacham, Queer Eye host, Karamo Brown, and Human Rights Activist, Nadia Murad.
- "ICM International Creative Management - Concerts". Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- Nash, James. "Lights, camera, Katrina: rebuilding of Louisiana will affect production in L.A." Los Angeles Business Journal at AllBusiness. Retrieved on February 5, 2012. "[...] ICM Partners, the Los Angeles-based talent and literary agency."
- Vincent, Roger. "Energy cells help power Century City skyscraper." Los Angeles Times. February 5, 2012. Retrieved on February 5, 2012.
- "ICM Finalizes Management Buyout; Partnership Excludes Former Chairman Jeff Berg". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- Hoffman, Claire (2006-07-29). "From Boutique Agency to ICM Brass". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- "Just For Laughs sold to Howie Mandel and American company". CBC News. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- "'Montreal is the mecca': Howie Mandel joins JFL bid, will keep HQ here". Montreal Gazette. 2018-03-21. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "Bell Media, Groupe CH among group that has acquired Just For Laughs". Montreal Gazette. 2018-06-08. Retrieved 2018-06-08.
- Fogel, Stefanie (2018-06-14). "ICM Partners Teams Up With Esports Talent Agency Evolved". Variety. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- Hipes, Patrick (2018-06-14). "ICM Partners Inks Partnership With Esports Talent Agency Evolved". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- Adalian, Josef. "A Worldly View of Things : In Depth : TVWeek - Television Industry news, TV ratings, analysis, celebrity event photos". TVWeek. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "Angelina Jolie teams with Fox 2000 - Entertainment News, Film News, Media". Variety. 2009-04-21. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "Toni Morrison - Biography". Nobelprize.org. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "John Feinstein - Authors". Random House. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "VQR » A Portrait of Arthur Miller". Vqronline.org. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "R&B/Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop Briefs: Beyonce, Freddie Hubbard, Will Downing". Billboard.biz. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- Garfield, Bob (2005-09-27). "Taking Cadillac from Stodgy to Sexy: Kate Walsh - Advertising Age - Ad Review". Adage.com. Retrieved 2010-08-24.