IAG Guardian is a United Arab Emirates-made armored vehicle. It was developed by the International Armored Group company. Guardian available in 4x4 and 6x6 configurations. This vehicle has been used in the Middle East conflict and has been marked as battle proven to participate in low intensity of conflict.
|Type||Armoured personnel carrier|
|Place of origin||United Arab Emirates|
|Manufacturer||International Armored Group (IAG)|
|Crew||2 + 10 pessenger|
|Armor||STANAG level II (basic) |
STANAG level III (with add on armor)
|M2HB Browning 12.7mm|
|Engine||6.7L V8 Diesel (300hp/790lb-ft)|
6.2L V8 Petrol (385hp/430lb-ft)
6.8L V10 Petrol (288hp/424lb-ft)
|Maximum speed||120 km/h|
Guardians are able to withstand projectile fired from high level ballistic and blast resistance. Equipped with diesel V8 turbo 6.7 L engine that produces 300 HP or engine type 6.8L V10, this machine produced 352 HP power with 5 or 6 speed automatic transmission. Guardian can speed up to 120 km per hour on smooth with the range up to 800 km. For the protection aspect, the Guardian is designed with standard ballistic protection up to CEN Level B6 or STANAG level II. But with an add-on armor package, Guardian protection can be upgraded to CEN Level B7 or STANAG level III. Additional protection can be removed to reduce the weight of the vehicle, such as to facilitate maneuvering the vehicle while crossing the off-road terrain. In principle, the Guardian provides 360 degree protection to its crew, including the implementation of 3 point door locking to provide extra protection in the face of explosive effects. The Guardian is also able to withstand a 6 kg TNT effect that explodes under the vehicle.
- Guardian 4x4
- Basic variant for low intensity conflict.
- Guardian 4x4 Xtreme
- An upgraded and customized version for Malaysia. The addition of add-on armor and cage armor to increase the protection level. The level of protection increased to STANAG Level III.
- Guardian 6x6
- New configuration with better protection.
When the IAG Guardian was used by Kurdish Military Forces in Iraq and the Syrian Democratic Forces in Syria it showed combat capabilities by protecting soldiers in operations. Besides that, the IAG Guardian is also operated by the Malaysian Armed Forces for its peacekeeping mission in Lebanon under the United Nations (UN) flag.
- "International Armored Group - Guardian Armored Personnel Carrier". interarmored.com. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "GUARDIAN IAG 4x4 APC armoured personnel carrier technical data sheet specification description intelligence pictures video | United Arab Emirates wheeled armoured vehicles UK | United Arab Emirates military equipment vehicle UK". armyrecognition.com. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "IAG Guardian APC 4x4 armoured personnel carrier combat-proven by Kurdish armed forces in Iraq". armyrecognition.com. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Rise Of The Guardians, Part II". Malaysian Defence. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Guardians Soon To Lebanon - DSA 2018 Shorts". Malaysian Defence. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- "Rise Of The Guardians". Malaysian Defence. Retrieved 2018-04-17.