"I'm Sprung" is the debut single by American singer T-Pain from his debut album, Rappa Ternt Sanga. The song is dedicated to his wife, Amber. T-Pain thanked DJ Felli Fel for being the first person to play the song on the radio.
|Single by T-Pain|
|from the album Rappa Ternt Sanga|
|Released||August 9, 2005|
4:20 (Album Version)
|T-Pain singles chronology|
"I'm Sprung" was a success on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at number eight, becoming T-Pain's first Top 10 single. The song was in the 2005 and 2006 year-ends, albeit very barely both times. The single was also a success on the R&B charts, peaking at number nine, while peaking at number 14 on the Billboard Pop 100. While a big success in the United States, it was considered a moderate success in most European countries. On June 14, 2006, the single was certified platinum for sales of over a million copies in the United States.
The official remix of this song was featured on the album as "I'm Sprung Pt. 2", which features Youngbloodz & Trick Daddy. The I'm Sprung remix is with Stat Quo. The U.K. remix features Dizzee Rascal. There is a Swishahouse Chopped & Screwed remix of the song. The most successful version of the song was co-produced by Jason, Armand and Brittany.
Video appearances were made by Midget Mac (who was a contestant on I Love New York 2), Akon, Bone Crusher, Rasheeda, Sleepy Brown and Cyco Black of Crime Mob. At the end of the video for "I'm Sprung", music from "I'm 'n Luv (wit a Stripper)" plays.
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||200,000|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
^ Shipments figures based on certification alone.
- Andy Kellman. "T-Pain". AllMusic. Retrieved 23 September 2021.
T-Pain's singing ability has been on clear display since the first notes of his breakthrough R&B single "I'm Sprung," yet his recurrent use of Auto-Tune created a widespread ripple effect that has made his performing name synonymous with voice modulation
- Platon, Adelle (7 December 2015). "'Rappa Ternt Sanga' Turns 10: T-Pain Looks Back on His Influential Debut". Billboard.
- "RIAA Certifications - T-Pain".
- "T-Pain – I'm Sprung". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "T-Pain: I'm Sprung" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- Song/894 - acharts.us
- "T-Pain – I'm Sprung". Top 40 Singles.
- "T-Pain: Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company.
- "Official R&B Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "T-Pain Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "T-Pain Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "T-Pain Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "T-Pain Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay)". Billboard. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "T-Pain Chart History (Rhythmic)". Billboard. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "Billboard Top 100 – 2005". Billboard. Retrieved October 12, 2019.
- "Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs – Year-End 2005". Billboard. Retrieved March 27, 2021.
- "2006 UK Singles Chart" (PDF). ChartsPlus. Retrieved November 11, 2021.
- "Hot 100 Songs – Year-End 2006". Billboard. Retrieved October 12, 2019.
- "Year-End Charts – Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Titles – 2006". Billboard.biz. 2006. Archived from the original on October 3, 2012. Retrieved September 23, 2021.
- "British single certifications – T-Pain – I'M SPRUNG". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved July 24, 2020.Select singles in the Format field. Select Silver in the Certification field. Type I'M SPRUNG in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- "American single certifications – T-Pain – I'M SPRUNG". Recording Industry Association of America.