The Hyundai Xcent is a subcompact car produced by the South Korean manufacturer Hyundai. Based on the Hyundai Grand i10, the Xcent is a sedan manufactured by Hyundai Motor India Limited in Chennai. It made its debut on February 4, 2014, three days ahead of its world premiere at the Auto Expo 2014.
|Also called||Hyundai Grand i10 Sedan|
|Assembly||Chennai, India (Hyundai India)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Related||Hyundai Grand i10|
|Wheelbase||2,425 mm (95.5 in)|
|Length||3,995 mm (157.3 in)|
|Width||1,660 mm (65.4 in)|
|Height||1,520 mm (59.8 in)|
Like the Grand i10, the Xcent is available with two engine options:
- 1.1 litre three cylinder U2 CRDi diesel, rated at 72 ps at 4000 rpm and 180.4 nm torque between 1750 and 2500 rpm with a mileage of 24.4 km/l. Hyundai claims to have improved the turbocharger to achieve enhanced performance, with 13% more torque and better fuel economy.
- 1.2 litre four cylinder petrol, rated at 83 ps at 6000 rpm and 111.8 nm torque with a claimed fuel efficiency of 19.1 km/l.
The Xcent is available in three trims: Base, S, and SX. Unlike the Grand i10, the S and SX model comes with power folding mirrors.
The Xcent was launched on March 12, 2014, to replace the second generation Accent in India, and compete with the Tata Zest, Honda Amaze and the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire. It is also sold in Mexico as the Hyundai Grand i10 Sedan.
|DIMENSIONS & CAPACITIES|
|Turning Radius:||Ground Clearance: 165 mm|
|Boot Space: 407 L||Fuel Capacity: 43 L||Seating Capacity: 5|
|Displacement: 1120 cc||Peak Power: 71 bhp (53 kW; 72 PS) at 4000 rpm||Peak Torque: 180 N⋅m (133 lb⋅ft) at 1750 rpm|
|Air Conditioner||Climate control||Central locking|
|CD player||Power steering||Power windows|
|Steering Mounted Controls||Steering Adjustment||Rear AC vent|
|Remote Controlled Boot||Electrically Adjustable Mirrors|
- Banergi, Sumant (2014-02-04). "Hyundai launches compact sedan Xcent; diesel, petrol variants in market by March". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 2014-02-07. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- Chauhan, Chanchal Pal (2014-02-05). "Hyundai joins compact sedan race with Xcent in muted Indian market". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "New Hyundai Xcent is the i10 Sedan [33 Photos & Video]". CarScoops. 2014-02-04. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Auto Expo 2014: Hyundai Xcent is the Grand i10 sedan". Autocar India. 2014-02-04. Retrieved 2014-02-12.
- "Hyundai Xcent Launched in India at 4.66 lakh". Overdrive. 2014-03-12. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Hyundai Xcent sedan launched at a starting price of Rs 4.66 lakh". The Economic Times. 2014-03-12. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Hyundai Grand i10 Sedan". Hyundai Motor Company Mexico. Retrieved 2015-01-08.
- "Shah Rukh Khan as brand ambassador for Hyundai Xcent in India". CarAndMe.com. Archived from the original on 2015-06-22. Retrieved 2014-09-25.
- "Shah Rukh Khan roped in as brand ambassador for Hyundai Xcent". ZigWheels.com. 2014-09-18. Retrieved 2014-09-25.
- "Hyundai Xcent in India - Price, Mileage, Reviews, Images, Specs". "Staff". Retrieved 2015-09-01.