Hyundai Aero City
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Hyundai Aero City (hangul:현대 에어로시티) is a heavy-duty single-decker bus built by Hyundai Motor Company and primarily used as a city bus and a intercity bus as either a complete bus or a bus chassis. It is distinguishable by a front 'Aero City' badge, but the common Hyundai badge is usually on the rear. The model's principal competitors is the Daewoo BS/BM bus series, but it also competed against the now-discontinued Kia AM bus series (originally Asia AM).
|Hyundai Aero City|
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
|Also called||Hyundai Super Aero City|
|Assembly||Wanju, South Korea|
|Designer||Mitsubishi Fuso (1991-1994), Hyundai Motor Company Design Center (1994-present)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||Single-decker bus|
|Platform||Mitsubishi Fuso Aero Star (1991-1994)|
Hyundai Bus Chassis (1994-present)
|Doors||1 door or 2 doors|
|Related||Hyundai Global 900, Bering Aero City, Bering Global 900|
|Engine||Hyundai C6AF, D6AE, C6AC, D6HA, D6AV, D6AB-d|
|Transmission||Hyundai or Mitsubishi Fuso (manual)|
ZF or Allison (automatic)
|Height||3180mm (3200mm with air-conditioning)|
The Aero City was built on the Mitsubishi Fuso bus chassis until 1994, when Hyundai created its own bus chassis. The Aero City has been produced under many different names. The current models include:
- New Super Aero City F/L (restyled): manufactured since late 2007. Also available in L model.
- New Super Aero City low floor F/L (restyled): long wheelbase with handicapped entry, manufactured since 2008; uses Allison or ZF transmission.
- UniCity: a variant of the New Super Aero City F/L with coach elements. Manufactured since late 2011.
- BlueCity: a CNG-electric hybrid variant of the New Super Aero City low floor F/L. Manufactured since late 2011.
- GreenCity: a shorter variant of the New Super Aero City F/L.
- ElecCity: Electric bus variant with Pure electric and Fuel Cell, in production since 2017.
Past models include:
- Aero City 520/540: built on the Mitsubishi Fuso Aero Star chassis from 1991 to 1994.
- Aero City 520/540/540L/540SL (new model): built on Hyundai's own chassis, manufactured from 1994 to 2001. Also available in L and SL models (L and SL models have a slightly lower decked floor).
- Super Aero City: manufactured from 2000 to 2004. Also available in L and SL models.
- Super Aero City low floor: long wheelbase with handicapped entry, manufactured in 2004; uses Allison or ZF transmission.
- New Super Aero City: manufactured from 2005 to 2007. Also available in L model.
- New Super Aero City low floor: long wheelbase with handicapped entry, manufactured from 2005 to 2008; uses Allison or ZF transmission.
- Global 900: a shorter version of the Super Aero City and New Super Aero City.
Super Aero City in Daejeon. (2000-2002 front-end styling)
Super Aero City in the Yongsan Garrison. (2000 rear-end styling)
Super Aero City running on Seoul Buses (Seoul Transportation Network) route 507. (2001-2004 Super Aero City rear-end styling)
New Super Aero City running on Seoul Buses (Gimpo Traffic Service) route 642.
New Super Aero City low floor bus running on Seoul Buses (Damoa Motors Corp.) route 470.
New Super Aero City (restyled) running on Seoul Buses (Dongseong Traffic Service) route 3012.
New Super Aero City (restyled) low floor bus running on Seoul Buses (Yooseong Traffic Service) route 7016.
Bluecity low floor bus running on Seoul Buses (Seoul Bus Corp.) route 401.