|Look up hybridization or hybridize in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hybridisation (or hybridization) may refer to:
- Hybridisation (biology), the process of combining different varieties of organisms to create a hybrid
- Orbital hybridisation, in chemistry, the mixing of atomic orbitals into new hybrid orbitals
- Nucleic acid hybridization, the process of joining two complementary strands of nucleic acids - RNA, DNA or oligonucleotides
- In evolutionary algorithms, the merging two or more optimization techniques into a single algorithm
- Memetic algorithm, a common template for hybridisation
- In linguistics, the process of one variety blending with another variety
- The alteration of a vehicle into a hybrid electric vehicle
- In globalization theory, the ongoing blending of cultures
- Hybridization in political election campaign communication, the combining of campaign techniques developed in different countries
- In paleoanthropology, the controversial hypothesis of Neanderthal and human hybridization
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hybridisation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.