||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Culture of Hungary. (Discuss) Proposed since August 2015.|
Button football is a tabletop game which is known in Europe, typically in Hungary.
Hungarian art musicEdit
The first notable Hungarian composer was Bálint Bakfark. Art music is the most famous part of the Hungarian culture, composers are the most famous Hungarian artists in the world, e. g. Franz Liszt, Béla Bartók & György Ligeti.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
Franz Liszt, in Hungarian: Liszt Ferenc was born in Austria and didn't speak Hungarian, but both in words and works he clearly identified himself as Hungarian, founded the Academy of Music and give the name of the BUD/LHBP, the Liszt Ferenc International Airport. Bartók was born in the former Hungarian Kingdom and György Ligeti also was born in Transylvania, Romania, they both studied in the Liszt Academy then lived and worked outside of the Pannonian Basin.
Science and TechnologyEdit
- Ignaz Semmelweis, called the savior of mothers, invented antiseptic procedures in 1851
- Albert Szent-Györgyi isolated vitamin C around 1930
- András Pető invented conductive education
- János Bolyai was one of the founders of non-Euclidean geometry
- John von Neumann (born Neumann János) was a pure and applied mathematician, physicist, inventor, polymath, and polyglot
- Paul Erdős was one of the most prolific mathematicians of the 20th century
- Rózsa Péter was founder of the field of recursive function theory, which formed the mathematical foundation for computer science
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hungarian culture.|
|This Hungary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|