|Full name||Hull Rugby Football Club|
|Location||Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England|
|Ground(s)||LTS Leisure Ferens Ground (Capacity: 1,500 (288 seats))|
|League(s)||National League 2 North|
|2018–19||Promoted from North Premier (champions)|
The club was formed in 1992 as a result of two clubs – Old Hymerians RUFC and Hull & East Riding RUFC (1989). The club initially played at the Old Hymerians ground at Haworth Park (capacity 1,200) until the 2008–09 season when they moved to their current home; the Ferens Ground located at Chanterlands Avenue. The club has progressed up the rugby union pyramid, beginning life in the old North East 2, and won promotion to National League 2 North in 2009 - which at tier 4 is the highest position the club has reached. In 2009 a women's team was founded at the club and the women and girls section is continuously growing.
In 2015, after six seasons in National League 2 North, Hull were relegated back to the northern regional leagues. In 2019 the club won the North Premier (tier 5) league title for the very first time, making a return to National League 2 North.
The Ferens Ground is located on Chanterlands Avenue, next to Hull Sports Centre, about 2.5 miles from Hull Paragon Interchange and the city centre, with parking available both in and around the ground. Capacity is around 1,500, most of which is standing but there is also seating for up to 288 supporters.
- Yorkshire 1 champions: 2001–02
- North Division 2 East champions: 2003–04
- W S Fowler Challenge Trophy Sevens winners: 2005–06
- North 1 v Midlands 1 promotion play-off winner: 2008–09
- Yorkshire Cup winners: 2018
- North Premier champions: 2018–19
Roll of honourEdit
- S Saunt (1992–95)
- L J Sheppard DFC (1995–97)
- R H Gore (1997–99)
- A B Wilkie (1999–01)
- J L Beal (2001–03)
- M A Harness (2003–04)
- A B Wilkie (2004–5)
- R C Lewis (2005–07)
- G Lound (2007–09)
- R P Ashton (1992–94)
- J L Beal (1994–96)
- M A Harness (1996–98)
- R C Lewis (1998–00)
- R Gibbin (2000–02)
- G Lound (2002–05)
- A B Wilkie (2005–08)
1st XV captains
- D A Walters (1992–93)
- W P Hazelton (1993–94)
- M Lockton (1994–96)
- R L Beal (1996–97)
- J M Oxley (1997–98)
- R L Beal (1998–00)
- W P Hazelton (2000–01)
- L McKenzie (2001–03)
- M David (2003–04)
- G C Martinson (2004–05)
- J D Barkworth (2005–06)
- C Kendra (2006–07)
- C Murphy (2007–08)
|Played||Won||Drawn||Lost||Points for||Points against||Points diff||Try bonus||Losing bonus||Points|
|Green background is the promotion place. Blue background is the play-off place. Pink background are relegation places.|
Updated: 21 May 2019
Source: "National League 2 North". NCA Rugby.
- "Yorkshire or the Greek Islands". Hull RUFC (Pitchero). 17 March 2019. Retrieved 31 March 2019.
- Club website history page
- "Last-day defeat seals Hull RUFC's relegation fate". Hull Daily Mail. 27 April 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2019.
- "Yorkshire or the Greek Islands". Cambridge Rugby Club (Pitchero). 3 November 2017. Retrieved 31 March 2019.
- "Ground Details". Hull RUFC (Pitchero). Retrieved 31 March 2019.
- "North v Midlands Play Offs 2008-09". englandrugby.com. 25 April 2009.