Hudson Valley Renegades
The Hudson Valley Renegades are a minor league baseball team affiliated with the Tampa Bay Rays. The team is a member of the New York–Penn League, a Class A Short Season league. The Renegades play at Dutchess Stadium in Fishkill, New York.
|Hudson Valley Renegades|
Founded in 1994
Fishkill, New York
|Minor league affiliations|
|League||New York–Penn League|
|Major league affiliations|
|Minor league titles|
|League titles (3)|
|Division titles (5)|
|Colors||Black, blue, silver, white|
|Mascot||Rookie, Rene, Rascal, Roofus|
|The Goldklang Group|
|General Manager||Steve Gliner|
The Renegades have won three New York–Penn League championships, in 1999, 2012 and 2017. The organization has produced major leaguers such as Scott Podsednik, Jorge Cantu, Ryan Dempster, Joe Kennedy, Craig Monroe, Matt Diaz, Evan Longoria, Josh Hamilton, John Jaso, Wade Davis and Toby Hall. Doug Waechter threw the only no-hitter in Renegades history on August 10, 2000 against the Pittsfield Mets. Scott Podsednik became the first former Renegade to win a World Series with the Chicago White Sox, defeating a Houston Astros club which included former Renegades Brandon Backe and Dan Wheeler. On August 14, 2007, The Renegades hosted the third annual New York–Penn League All-Star Game at Dutchess Stadium.
Team promotions include a "Fun Team" that promotes between-inning entertainment. Marvin Goldklang is the team's majority owner. Goldklang also has stakes in several other minor league baseball teams, including the Charleston RiverDogs and St. Paul Saints. Ex-manager Matt Quatraro coined the name Gades in 2000. Their mascots are raccoons: Rookie (the Renegade) Raccoon, Rookie's wife Rene Gade, Rascal (Rookie & Rene's son), and occasionally, Rookie's father Roofus.
Hudson Valley Renegades roster
7-day injured list
- 1995 season: Lost to Vermont 2-0 in semifinals.
- 1999 season: Defeated Utica 2-1 in semifinals; defeated Mahoning Valley 2-1 to win championship.
- 2012 season: Defeated Brooklyn 2-1 in semifinals; defeated Tri-City 2-1 to win championship.
- 2014 season: Lost to State College 2-1 in semifinals.
- 2016 season: Defeated Lowell 2-0 in semifinals; lost to State College 2-0 in finals.
- 2017 season: Defeated Staten Island 2-1 in semifinals; defeated Vermont 2-0 to win championship.
- 2018 season: Defeated Auburn Doubledays 2-0 in semifinals; lost to Tri-City ValleyCats 2-0 in finals.
- "Eben Yager Steps Down From Renegades EVP/GM Post". Ballpark Digest. November 2, 2018. Retrieved November 2, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hudson Valley Renegades.|