The Huawei Watch is an Android Wear-based smartwatch developed by Huawei. It was announced at 2015 Mobile World Congress on March 1, 2015, and was released at Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin on September 2, 2015. It is the first smartwatch produced by Huawei.
|Release date||September 2, 2015|
|Operating system||Android Wear|
|CPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 APQ8026 Quad 1.2GHz|
|Display||1.4 in AMOLED|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 4.1 BLE|
|Online services||Google Play, Google Now|
|Dimensions||42mm x 11.3mm|
|Successor||Huawei Watch 2|
The Huawei Watch's form factor is based on the circular design of traditional watches, supporting a 42 mm (1.4 inch) AMOLED screen. The screen's resolution is 400 x 400 pixels and 285.7 ppi. The case is 316L stainless steel, covered with sapphire crystal glass on front and available in six finishes: Black Leather, Steel Link Bracelet, Stainless Steel Mesh, Black-plated Link Bracelet, Alligator-pressed Brown Leather and Rose Gold-plated Link Bracelet.
The watch uses a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor. All versions of the Huawei Watch have 512MB of RAM and 4GB of internal storage, along with a gyroscope, accelerometer, vibration motor, and heart rate sensor. It supports WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1 LE, and no support for GPS locating. The watch uses a magnetic charging cradle, with a day and a half battery life.
The watch pre-installed Android Wear operating system and it works with iOS (8.2 and later) and Android (4.3 and later) devices. It currently supports Google Now voice commands and is compatible with Wear OS. The watch can process calls and receive messages and emails.
In TechAdvisor 's review, Chris Martin wrote "this is a great looking smartwatch, although it is quite large. Specs match other Android Wear smartwatches but we're worried about the small battery." The President of Huawei U.S. Xu Zhiqiang said "It embodies Huawei's technology innovation heritage, pursuit of premium design and integration of useful functionality that we strive to develop in each product." The Phandroid said "it is the classiest Android Wear smartwatch available right now".
- "Huawei Watch: The Changes Since MWC 2015". Ubergizmo. September 2, 2015. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "Huawei Watch: Preise zwischen 399 und 799 Euro". Tech Stage. September 2, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- "华为Watch安卓智能手表国行版正式发布". 163.com. November 27, 2015. Retrieved November 27, 2015.
- "Huawei Watch announced at Mobile World Congress is stylish strike at Apple Watch and LG Urbane". International Business Times. March 1, 2015. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "IFA 2015 Sees Huawei's 1st Smart Watch". Twice. September 2, 2015. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "Hands-on with the Huawei Watch: An elegant round Android Wear smartwatch for Android and iOS users". ZDNet. September 22, 2015. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "Huawei Watch vs. Moto 360 (2nd gen)". Gizmag. September 3, 2015. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "The Huawei Watch Is Now Available For $349: Here's Where To Buy". Tech Times. September 21, 2015. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "Huawei Watch review: Hands-on with Huawei smartwatch for Android & iOS". PC Advisor. September 2, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- "Huawei Watch Is A Beautiful Smartwatch Compatible With Your iPhone: Preorders Start At $349 On Sept. 17". Tech Times. September 3, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- "Huawei Watch Review, the classiest Android Wear smartwatch available right now". Phandroid. September 28, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.