Howard Wallace Pollock
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Alaska's at-large district
January 3, 1967 – January 3, 1971
|Preceded by||Ralph Rivers|
|Succeeded by||Nick Begich|
Howard Wallace Pollock
April 11, 1920
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Died||January 9, 2011 (aged 90)|
Coronado, California, U.S.
|Education||Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College|
Santa Clara University
University of Houston (JD)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MS)
International University Vienna (PhD)
|Branch/service||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1941–1946|
Pollock was born in Chicago to Olga (née Deblanc) and Oscar Tobias Pollock, he went to school in Perkinston, Mississippi. He studied law at the University of Santa Clara in California and at the University of Houston, Texas, and then did some postgraduate studies at the MIT, where he got a M.S. in industrial management. He was a practicing attorney.
Pollock served in the Alaska Territorial Legislature 1953–1955. He later served in the Alaska Senate 1961–1963 and 1965–1966; and was elected as a Republican to the Ninetieth and Ninety-first Congresses (January 3, 1967 – January 3, 1971). He was not a candidate for reelection in 1970 to the Ninety-second Congress, but rather was an unsuccessful candidate for Republican nomination for Governor of Alaska. Pollock was also a past president of the National Rifle Association.
From 1998 until his death in January 2011 Pollock was a resident of Arlington, Virginia.
|1966||Howard W. Pollock||34,040||51.6%||Ralph J. Rivers (inc.)||31,867||48.4%|
|1968||Howard W. Pollock (inc.)||43,577||54.2%||N. J. Begich||36,785||45.8%|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2011-01-12. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Illinois, Cook County, Birth Certificates", FamilySearch, retrieved April 6, 2018
- "Election Statistics". Office of the Clerk of the House of Representatives. Archived from the original on 2007-07-25. Retrieved 2008-10-24. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- United States Congress. "Howard Wallace Pollock (id: P000415)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- Howard Pollock at 100 Years of Alaska's Legislature
|U.S. House of Representatives|
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Alaska's at-large congressional district
|This article about an Alaska politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|