How Do You Keep the Music Playing?
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"How Do You Keep the Music Playing?" is a song composed by Michel Legrand, with lyrics by Alan and Marilyn Bergman for the 1982 film Best Friends, where it was introduced by James Ingram and Patti Austin. The Austin/Ingram version became a single in 1983 and reached #45 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #5 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart. It was one of three songs with lyrics by Alan and Marilyn Bergman that were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song at the 55th Academy Awards.
- Susannah McCorkle — How Do You Keep the Music Playing (1985)
- Frankie Laine — Place in Time (1985) and Wheels of a Dream (1998)
- Andy Williams — Close Enough for Love (1986)
- Tony Bennett — The Art of Excellence (1986), Duets: An American Classic (with George Michael) (2006) and Duets II (with Aretha Franklin) (2011)
- George Benson with the Count Basie Orchestra (with Carmen Bradford) — Big Boss Band (1990)
- Shirley Bassey — Keep the Music Playing (1991)
- Steve Smith & Buddy's Buddies — Steve Smith & Buddy's Buddies
- Johnny Mathis — How Do You Keep the Music Playing? (1993)
- Pieces of a Dream — In Flight (1993)
- Frank Sinatra — L.A. Is My Lady (1984), Duets II (with Lorrie Morgan) (1994)
- Vocal Majority — How Do You Keep the Music Playing (1996)
- Carl Anderson — Why We Are Here! (1997)
- Maureen McGovern — The Music Never Ends: The Lyrics of Alan & Marilyn Bergman (1997)
- The SuperJazz Big Band of Birmingham, Alabama recorded the song on the CD, UAB SuperJazz, Featuring Ellis Marsalis (2001) Arranged and sung by Ray Reach.
- Barbra Streisand — The Movie Album (2003)
- Salena Jones — Salena sings pop favorites (orchestra and sax) (2009)
- Martin Nievera (Featuring Kyla) — As Always (2010)
- Celine Dion — Loved Me Back to Life (Deluxe Edition) (2013)
- Bradley Walsh — Chasing Dreams (2016)
- Thomas Anders — Live Concert (1997)
- Michel Legrand & Kuh Ledesma — Performed live at the PICC Plenary Hall in Manila (2002)
- Céline Dion — Celine - A holographic duet with herself (2011)
- Brian McKnight & Kyla — Performed live at the Araneta Coliseum in Manila (2012)
- Tony Bennett — Performed live on the NBC special "Tony Bennett Celebrates 90" (2016)
- Lea Salonga — Blurred Lines (2017) — Performed live on "Feinstein's/54 Below" (2016)
- "''Best Friends'' (1982) soundtrack information from". IMDb.com. 2009-05-01. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- Yanow, Scott (1993-06-01). "In Flight overview". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
|This article about a jazz standard or composition written in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This pop standards-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|