Hot Shots Calendar
Hot Shots Calendar is a promotional calendar featuring glamour models for the UK based arms firm Edgar Brothers, the calendar has been in existence since 2009. Several of the models are current or former Page 3 girls from the UK's The Sun newspaper which has over 2 million readers.
The calendars are made in association with several other sponsors including: SureFire, Crye Precision, Soldier Systems and SmithOptics. The exclusive media partner for the calendar is Soldier Systems.
The theme for the 2013 calendar was 1950's pin-up girls. It was launched at the Imperial War Museum North, in Trafford Park, Greater Manchester. The company also produced a behind-the-scenes video explaining how the calendar was made.
The 2014 calendar had a James Bond / 007 theme. This time the calendar was launched at the bi-annual Defence Security and Equipment International (DSEi) arms fair event. Again the company produced a behind-the-scenes video.
The 2015 calendar had a "tongue-in-cheek take on the life of a soldier" as its theme. The launch party was held on 21 October 2014 at The Milton Club, Deansgate, Manchester. In attendance were the Mancunian boxers Ricky Hatton, Scott Quigg, Anthony Crolla and Marcus Morrison.
The photo shoot for the 2015 calendar sparked a security scare when it was claimed that the pictures had been taken at Camp Williams without permission from the Utah National Guard and a promotional video of the calendar expressed thanks to the "Soldiers of the 19th Special Forces Group." Lt. Col. Steven Fairbourn of the Utah National Guard said that an investigation had been launched, he also said that The Utah Department of Public Safety believes that two of its officers appeared in the video wearing agency uniforms, in violation of agency policies. In an interview for ABC News' Good Morning America the calendar's founder Michael Newman said, "This is not about me, it's not about the calendar. It's not about any of that. This whole project is to raise money for wounded servicemen and women."[note 1]
- "FAQs". Hot Shots Calendar. Archived from the original on 2 January 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- Royston, Jack (30 September 2013). "Help for Heroes Page 3 models turn into Bond girls for charity calendar". The Sun. Archived from the original on 16 January 2014. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- "Hot Shots Calendar Selects SSD As Exclusive Media Partner". Soldier Systems: an industry daily. 29 May 2013. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "FAQs". Hot Shots Calendar. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Hot Shots Calendar Launch Party". Soldier Systems: an industry daily. 25 December 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Hot Shots Calendar 2013 Behind the Scenes: Welcome to the 1950's". YouTube. 23 October 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "DSEi – Hot Shots Calendar". Soldier Systems: an industry daily. 10 September 2013. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Hot Shots Calendar 2014 - Behind The Scenes". YouTube. 12 August 2013. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- By, Agencies (21 October 2014). "'Hot Shots' calendar under fire for photo shoot on US military base". The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Flanagan, Emma (22 October 2014). "Ricky Hatton parties at Milton Club for Hot Shots calendar launch". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Staff writer (July 2015). "On set with Hot Shots 2016 calendar!". Zoo Weekly, Upfront (pull-out section). Bauer Media Group. Retrieved 1 October 2015. Preview.
- "10th Anniversary Hot Shots Calendar Now Available for Pre-Order". Soldier Systems: an industry daily. 14 October 2016. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- Winslow, Ben (17 October 2014). "Utah National Guard confirms Camp Williams used in racy calendar shoot". Salt Lake City: Fox 13. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- The Associated, Press (17 October 2014). "Utah: Law officers' role in video questioned". New York Times. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Harris, Dan (anchor); Faris, Paula (anchor); Hitt, Brandi (reporter); Newman, Michael (interviewee) (19 October 2014). "Did Utah National Guard Base allow swimsuit models to use military equipment?". Good Morning America. ABC News. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Edgar Brothers' Police & Military Division Manager, Mike Newman
- "Meet the girls: 2015 girls". Hot Shots Calendar. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Meet the girls: previous girls". Hot Shots Calendar. Retrieved 27 October 2014.