Hot Properties (TV series)
Hot Properties is an American sitcom featuring four women working together in a Manhattan real estate office. It was first aired on October 7, 2005 on ABC. The series finale aired on Friday, December 30, 2005.
|Created by||Suzanne Martin|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||21 minutes|
Warner Bros. Television
|Original release||October 7– December 30, 2005|
Often compared to Sex and the City and the CBS situation comedy Designing Women, this show features four single women professionals, each with distinct personalities that contribute in their failure to secure dates. The comparison to these shows led many critics to describe the show as unoriginal. The women share a passion for Oprah.
|Gail O'Grady||Ava Summerlin|
|Nicole Sullivan||Chloe Reid|
|Sofía Vergara||Lola Hernandez|
|Christina Moore||Emerson Ives|
|Evan Handler||Dr. Sellers Boyd|
|Stephen Dunham||Dr. Charlie Thorpe|
- Ava is the forty-nine-year-old executive of the Hot Properties real estate firm. Her husband is half her age, but he is not aware of her age. Ava is madly in love with him, and hopes to raise a family.
- Chloe is down to earth, sarcastic, and relies on self-help books for personal advice. She is very desperate to get married, but keeps dating the wrong men.
- Lola is a curvy Latina who has emerged from a recent divorce, after her husband came out as gay. Throughout the show, men stare at her and compete for Lola's attention, to which she is often oblivious. Lola's desire for handsome men often leads her in pursuit of gay men, resulting in disappointment. As a result, she is often afraid to go dating. Lola hopes to improve her "gaydar" in order to avoid future disappointments.
- Emerson is young and rich, with little work experience. She was engaged, but upon discovering that the fiancée was not a virgin, broke it off. She bonds instantly with her roommates.
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Pilot"||October 7, 2005|
|Chloe and Ava find out that they both had a fling with the fiancé of one of their clients, Emerson Ives, who thinks that her fiancé is a virgin like she is. Ava also goes to a fertility specialist with her husband, Lola tries to re-enter the dating world, and Chloe finds out that no man has ever been "that into her."less|
|2||"Chick Stuff"||October 14, 2005|
|Lola is really upset after her pet chicken dies and Ava tries to make her better by inviting all the girls over to her apartment.|
|3||"Online Dating"||October 21, 2005|
|Lola, Chloe and Emerson sign up for an internet dating service. Lola pretends that she’s a gay man after she sees her ex-husband on the website.|
|4||"Sex, Lies & Chubby Chasers"||October 28, 2005|
|The women at the office encourage each other to take some risks. Lola starts therapy with Sellers to find out why she’s attracted to so many gay men.|
|5||"Dating Up, Dating Down"||November 4, 2005|
|Everyone analyses ‘dating up’ and ‘dating down’ after Charlie tells them that he’s invested in a night club so he can date hot supermodels.|
|6||"Waiting For Oprah"||November 11, 2005|
|The women have a real estate sale and to celebrate, Ava purchases tickets for each of them to attend a taping of one of Oprah’s shows in Chicago.|
|7||"Return of the Ring"||November 15, 2005|
|Emerson tries to return her $50,ecc88c engagement ring to Graham, but she is too scared because she is worried about what her feelings will be after she sees him.|
|8||"When Chloe Met Marco"||November 18, 2005|
|The ladies lose a sale and to make themselves feel better they clean out their purses. However, during the process, Emerson finds the receipt for her wedding dress, which she never wore.|
|9||"Whatever Lola Wants"||November 25, 2005|
|Chloe challenges Lola to make herself look plain and ugly to find out whether people will be less attracted to her.|
|10||"It's a Wonderful Christmas Carol on 34th Street"||December 9, 2005|
|Chloe bails on a charity Christmas party, and when her taxi crashes, the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future, appearing to her as the three other ladies, show her the error of her ways.|
|11||"Killer Bodies"||December 16, 2005|
|Lola’s average-looking boyfriend Fletcher is rushed to the hospital after a mysterious heart attack which appears to have been caused by Lola’s sex appeal.|
|12||"GRRR"||December 23, 2005|
|Ava wonders if her happy marriage is in trouble and feels a little guilty when sparks fly between her and a client named Alec who, like her, has a much younger partner.|
|13||"El Dia de Compasion"||December 30, 2005|
|Everyone is invited to Lola’s house to celebrate El Dia de Compasion, a traditional holiday from her country.|
The show received a largely negative critical reception, with review aggregator Metacritic awarding it 31 out of 100 based on 22 reviews. Tim Goodman of the San Francisco Chronicle called the show "stupid and annoying", along with fellow ABC sitcom Freddie.
|Australia||Nine HD||Wednesday, August 6, 2008||Wednesdays at 11pm (Last episode aired on November 5)|
|Germany||Comedy Central||Monday, November 26, 2007||Wednesdays at 1:30am|
|Poland||TVN 7||Saturday mornings|
|Brazil||Warner Channel||Friday nights (2006)|
|Romania||PRO Cinema||Monday, September 7, 2009||Monday - Wednesday (two episodes/day)|
- "Critic Reviews for Hot Properties Season 1". Metacritic. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- Goodman, Tim (October 7, 2005). "FALL TV SEASON / Forgot all about a show that's worth a peek". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved May 25, 2013.