Host Hotels & Resorts
|Host Marriott Corporation (1993-2005)|
|Traded as||NYSE: HST|
S&P 500 Index component
|Industry||Real estate investment trust|
| Richard E. Marriott, Chairman|
James F. Risoleo, President & CEO
|Revenue||$5.524 billion (2018)|
|$1.099 billion (2018)|
|Total assets||$12.090 billion (2018)|
|Total equity||$7.494 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
In August 1995, the company announced the sale of 16 Courtyard hotels to Hospitality Properties Trust for $150 million in a leaseback transaction and the acquisition of the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport Marriott for $44 million and the Plaza San Antonio Hotel for $30 million.
In March 1997, the company acquired Forum Group, an owner of retirement communities, from Marriott International for $433 million in cash.
In July 2012, Host Hotels bought the Grand Hyatt Hotel, an 888-room hotel at 1000 H St., NW, in downtown Washington, DC, for $400 million and re-branded it as the Grand Hyatt Washington.
In December 2016, president and chief executive officer W. Edward Walter resigned.
- "Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. 2018 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Host Hotels & Resorts". Fortune.
- "Marriott Offers To Buy Gino's". The New York Times. Associated Press. January 5, 1982.
- Jones, William H. (December 21, 1981). "The Marriott 'Snack Attack'". The Washington Post.
- "Host Marriott to Separate Concessions Unit From Hotel Holdings". The New York Times. August 10, 1995.
- "HOST MARRIOTT SELLS 16 HOTELS AND BUYS 2". The New York Times. August 24, 1995.
- McQuaid, Kevin L. (December 10, 1995). "Marriott's ploy begins to pay off Buying spree: Host Marriott's strategy of buying full-service hotels has paid off handsomely with a 9 percent rise in earnings and some of the world's most prestigious properties". The Baltimore Sun.
- "Host Marriott Agrees to Buy Forum Group". Los Angeles Times. Bloomberg News. March 19, 1997.
- McQuaid, Kevin L. (December 31, 1998). "Host Marriott to announce it's a REIT As real estate trust it expects to avoid millions in taxes". The Baltimore Sun.
- Binkley, Christina; Kirkpatrick, David D. (April 17, 1998). "Host Marriott Plans to Become REIT, Purchase Luxury Hotels". The Wall Street Journal.
- Rosenwald, Michael S. (November 15, 2005). "Host Marriott To Buy 38 Hotels". The Washington Post.
- "Host Marriott Buys Starwood Hotels for $4B". Fox News. Reuters. November 14, 2005.
- "HOST HOTELS SELLS HYATT REGENCY FOR $110M". Blumberg Partners. March 16, 2009.
- Douglas, Danielle (July 17, 2012). "Host Hotels Buys Grand Hyatt Washington for $400M". The Washington Post.
- "Starwood Hotels & Resorts Sells The Phoenician, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale" (Press release). Business Wire. June 8, 2015.
- Cooper, Rebecca (August 1, 2016). "Changes could be coming to Key Bridge Marriott after lease sale". American City Business Journals.
- Banister, Jon (August 2, 2016). "Host Hotels Buys Key Bridge Marriott Ground Lease, Considers Redevelopment". Bisnow Media.
- Cooper, Rebecca (December 15, 2016). "Host Hotels CEO to step down". American City Business Journals.
- "Host Hotels Pays $214M for Don CeSar Resort on St Pete Beach". Realty Advisors. February 23, 2017.
- "Host Hotels & Resorts Announces Acquisition of the W Hollywood" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. March 8, 2017.