The Hope Front (Spanish: Frente Esperanza) was a Peruvian political party. Founded in December 2015 by former congressman and government minister Fernando Olivera, he was nominated for the Presidency in the 2016 general election.
|Secretary-General||Manuel J. Bustamante|
|Founded||24 December 2015|
|Dissolved||13 July 2017|
|Preceded by||Independent Moralizing Front|
|Succeeded by||Front of Hope 2021|
At the general election held on 10 April 2016, the party's ticket won 1.3% of the popular vote, placing seventh. At congressional level, the party won 1.2% and no seats in the Congress of the Republic. Upon the results of the 2016 general election on 10 April 2016, presidential nominee Fernando Olivera announced he would found a successor party to the Hope Front in order to run again for President of Peru at the 2021 general election.
The party was subsequently cancelled by the National Elections Jury in July 2017 along other parties that failed to pass the electoral threshold.
Front of Hope 2021Edit
On October 30, 2020, the National Elections Jury approved the list of affiliates of Frente de la Esperanza 2021, Olivera's new party, to be able to be registered and participate in the general elections of Peru in 2021. The next day Olivera announced that he was going to run for the presidency of Peru.
|2016||Fernando Olivera||Hope Front||203,103||
Elections to the Congress of the RepublicEdit
0 / 130
- ^ Agencia Peruana de Noticias, Andina. "Fernando Olivera lanza candidatura a Presidencia de la República". andina.pe.
- ^ Oficina Nacional de Procesos Electorales, ONPE. "ELECCIONES GENERALES 2016: RESULTADOS PRESIDENCIALES". web.onpe.gob.pe.
- ^ "Fernando Olivera volverá a postular a la Presidencia: "Estamos listos para gobernar"". EXITOSA NOTICIAS - NOTICIAS DEL PERU Y EL MUNDO (in Spanish). 2019-09-14. Retrieved 2021-05-31.
- ^ Observatorio para la Gobernabilidad, Infogob. "Partidos: Frente Esperanza". infogob.jne.gob.pe.
- ^ PERÚ, NOTICIAS EL COMERCIO (2020-10-30). "JNE aprueba padrón de afiliados del Frente de la Esperanza 2021, agrupación en proceso de inscripción | POLITICA". El Comercio Perú (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-05-31.
- ^ CORREO, NOTICIAS (2020-10-31). "Fernando Olivera anuncia plancha presidencial para comicios del 2021 | POLITICA". Correo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-05-31.