The Huawei Honor 5X (Chinese: 荣耀畅玩5X) is a mid-range Android smartphone manufactured by Huawei as part of the Huawei Honor X series. It uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor and an aluminum body design. It was first released in China in October 2015, and was released in the United States and India in January 2016.
|Successor||Huawei Honor 6X|
|Operating system||Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with EMUI 3.1, updated to Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5. |
|CPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 616|
|GPU||Adreno 405 GPU|
|Memory||2 or 3 GB of LPDDR3 RAM memory|
|Storage||16 GB of internal storage.|
|Display||5.5 inch 1080p fully laminated display with a pixel density of 401 ppi|
|Rear camera||13 Megapixel rear camera with dual-LED flash, f/2.0 aperture and Phase Detection AutoFocus|
|Front camera||f/2.4 5 Megapixel front facing camera|
|Other||FPC1020 fingerprint scanner|
The Honor 5X has a metal-clad design using "aviation-grade aluminum" for its body. It uses a 5.5-inch 1080p fully laminated display with a pixel density of 401 ppi, octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor with an Adreno 405 GPU, 2 or 3 GB of DDR3 RAM memory, and 16 GB of internal storage. It has "Fingerprint 2.0 technology",which allows user to directly unlock the smartphone with just user input using an FPC1020 fingerprint scanner. The Honor 5X comes with 13 Megapixel rear camera with dual-LED flash, f/2.0 aperture and Phase Detection AutoFocus. It has a f/2.4 5 Megapixel front facing camera. It comes in 16GB in-built storage which can be expanded up to 128GB using MicroSD card and has a 3000 mAh battery.
The Honor 5X was originally marketed with Emotion User Interface v3.1, a customisation of Android Lollipop; Android Marshmallow and EMUI 4 updates followed. The device is officially supported by LineageOS v14.1 up to v16.0 (Android Pie)(Beta version is v17.0 with android 10), a free and open-source operating system based on Android (Operating System). The LineageOS release was preceded by unofficial builds of CyanogenMod v13.0, which is based on Android Marshmallow.
The Honor 5X was first announced at an event held by Huawei in Chengdu on 27 October 2015. The smartphone was initially offered in two versions; the model with 2 GB of RAM memory had a price of CN¥ 999 and the model with 3 GB of RAM memory had a price of CN¥ 1,399. It launched in India at ₹12,999. On January 28, it was listed on Flipkart and Amazon for sale.
- 朝 2015.
- Ho 2016.
- 徐 2015.
- "Honor 5X to receive Marshmallow, regular security patches and EMUI4". 16 January 2016.
- "Builds for kiwi". LineageOS.org. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "[ROM] [6.0.x] [BETA] Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightly Builds (KIW-L24 / L22 / L21)". XDA Developers. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- Hall, Stephen (2016-05-02). "Opinion: CyanogenMod improves the Honor 5X enough to make it my daily driver [Video]". 9to5Google. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- Feng 2015.
- shiwam 2016. sfn error: no target: CITEREFshiwam2016 (help)
Unlocking Honor 5x Bootloader How To Unlock Bootloader Of Huawei Phones Official Method
Honor 5x Stock Firmware: Complete List Of Official Honor 5x Stock Rom All Models
- Feng, Sanji (27 October 2015). "华为荣耀畅玩 5X 发布，还是熟悉的味道". Engadget (in Chinese). AOL. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- Ho, Joshua (6 January 2016). "Hands On With the Huawei Honor 5X". AnandTech. Purch. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- 徐, 庆龙 (27 October 2015). "千元机中的旗舰领航者 荣耀畅玩5X评测". 泡泡网 (in Chinese). Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- 朝, 晖 (27 October 2015). "售价够狠！华为荣耀5X开订：3G内存+全金属机身". MyDrivers.com (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 16 January 2016. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- In, Shiwam (28 January 2016). "Huawei Honor 5X launched also in India". Shiwam IN. Shiwam. Retrieved 28 January 2016.