Hong Kong Vase
The Hong Kong Vase is a Group 1 flat horse race in Hong Kong which is open to thoroughbreds aged three years or older. It is run over a distance of 2,400 metres (about 1 1⁄2 miles or 12 furlongs) at Sha Tin, and it is scheduled to take place each year in mid December.
|Group 1 race|
|Location||Sha Tin Racecourse|
Hong Kong, China
|Race type||Flat / Thoroughbred|
|Website||Hong Kong Jockey Club|
|Distance||2,400 metres (1.5 miles)|
|Qualification||Three-years-old and up|
|Weight||121 lb (3y); 126 lb (4y+)|
4 lb for fillies and mares
The race was first run in 1994, and it was promoted to Group 1 status in 2000. It is one of the four Hong Kong International Races, and it presently offers a purse of HK$18,000,000 (approximately US$2.3 million).
- 2:24.77 – Glory Vase (2019)
Most wins by a jockey:
- 4 – Olivier Peslier (1995, 1999, 2007, 2008)
Most wins by a trainer:
- 2 – Elie Lellouche (1995, 2003)
- 2 – Clive Brittain (1996, 1997)
- 2 – Richard Gibson (2007, 2008)
- 2 – Aidan O'Brien (2015, 2017)
Most wins by an owner:
- Racing Post:
- Racing Information of Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Vase (2011/12)
- Website of Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Vase (2011/12)
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club
- horseracingintfed.com – International Federation of Horseracing Authorities – Hong Kong Vase (2016).
- pedigreequery.com – Hong Kong Vase – Sha Tin.