Holy Angels was an all-girls high school located in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. It was founded in 1885 by the Sisters of the Congregation of Notre Dame. They bestowed the school with the Latin motto: Angelis Suis Mandavit De Te meaning "He has entrusted you to the care of his angels".
On Thursday, October 28, 2010, the Cape Breton – Victoria Regional School Board announced that it will close Holy Angels High School in June 2011, prompting 200 students to picket outside the board's offices. The school board leased the school from the Sisters of the Congregation of Notre Dame, which planned to sell the property in 2011. The school board said the Nova Scotia Department of Education could not afford to purchase the school from the order. The school closed in June 2011.
- "About Holy Angels". Sydney, Nova Scotia: Cape Breton – Victoria Regional School Board. 2012-04-25. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- MacDonald, Randy (2011-06-20). "Holy Angels graduation "bittersweet" as Sydney school sets to close". CTV News Atlantic. Halifax. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "All-girls school in Sydney to close". CBC News. October 28, 2010. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- McNeil, Greg (2012-04-02). "Former high school attracts history buffs and bargain hunters to sale". Cape Breton Post. Sydney, Nova Scotia. p. A1. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- Burke, David (2011-06-20). "Holy Angels Final Days" (Audio). CBC News. Sydney, Nova Scotia. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- Holy Angels High School at the Wayback Machine (archive index)
- CBC Radio's Maritime Noon interviews on the school's last day, June 29, 2011. Starts at 43:35.