History News Network
History News Network (HNN) at George Washington University is a platform for historians writing about current events.
History News Network (HNN) is a non-profit corporation registered in Washington State. The editor and founder of HNN is Rick Shenkman, the author of Political Animals: How Our Stone-Age Brain Gets in the Way of Smart Politics. HNN sponsors several history-oriented blogs including Liberty and Power (coordinated by David T. Beito), and Jim Loewen.
In 2012, HNN celebrated the Fourth of July by holding a contest to select the worst books about American history every published. Nominees David Barton’s The Jefferson Lies, Michael Bellesiles’s Arming America, Gavin Menzies’s 1421 : The Year China Discovered America, and Richard G. Williams’s 2006 book Stonewall Jackson: The Black Man’s Friend.
- "History News Network» History News Network". Chnm.gmu.edu. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "History News Network Celebrates Bad History Books". The New York Times. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "York College Professor Reviews For History News Network". York.cuny.edu. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Warren, James (27 March 2017). "Media Report - Shenkman's New Home". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
Journalist-historian Rick Shenkman has found a new home for the History News Network, namely George Washington University, meaning "its future is now assured" after departing George Mason University.
- "Murray Polner, founding and only editor of Present Tense magazine, dies at 91". Jewish Telegraphic Agency. 2 June 2019. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- Roberts, Sam (5 June 2019). "Present Tense (magazine)". New York Times. Retrieved 11 June 2019.