Hisashi Nogami (野上恒 Nogami Hisashi, 1971) is a Japanese video game designer, director, and producer working for Nintendo. Nogami is well-known for his work producing the Animal Crossing and Splatoon franchises.
Nogami at the 2018 Game Developers Conference event
|Born||1971 (age 47–48)|
|Alma mater||Osaka University of Arts|
|Occupation||Video game designer, director and producer|
|Title||Deputy General Manager of Nintendo EPD|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2019)
Nogami was born in Yawata, Kyoto Prefecture in 1971. He graduated from the Design Department of the Osaka University of Arts in April 1994 and joined Japanese video game company Nintendo in the same year, becoming an artist for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Later, Nogami went on to produce the Animal Crossing franchise, Splatoon franchise, and directed development of the Wii's Mii Channel among other things. In June 2019, he was promoted to the position of Deputy General Manager within the company's Entertainment Planning & Development division.
- "Hisashi Nogami, Deputy General Manager and Producer, Nintendo". Game Developers Conference. Archived from the original on March 31, 2018. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- "Super Mario World & Yoshi's Island Developer Interview". Nintendo. Archived from the original on 2019-01-14. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- "Iwata Asks: Splatoon : It Started With Tofu". Nintendo. Archived from the original on 2015-07-25. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- "Iwata Asks: Wii Channels: Aiming For Worldwide Mii Communication". Nintendo. Archived from the original on 2015-07-25. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- Doolan, Liam. "Eiji Aonuma And Multiple Others Have Been Promoted At Nintendo". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- "Iwata Asks: Animal Crossing City Folk : The First New Title in 3 Years". Nintendo. Archived from the original on 2015-07-25. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|