Hillsdale High School (San Mateo, California)(Redirected from Hillsdale High School (San Mateo))
Hillsdale High School is a public co-educational high school in San Mateo, California serving grades 9–12 as part of the San Mateo Union High School District. Hillsdale generally serves the residents of San Mateo and Foster City. The main feeder schools to Hillsdale are the Abbott, Bayside, Borel, and Bowditch Middle Schools.
|Hillsdale High School|
3115 Del Monte Street
|Number of students||1,385 (2016-2017)|
|Color(s)||Columbia Blue, Scarlet Red|
|Athletics conference||Peninsula Athletic League|
|Team name||Fighting Knights|
|Rival||Aragon High School|
|Yearbook||The Hillsdale Shield|
2015-2016 1,375 students: 712 male (51.8%), 663 female (48.2%)
|White||Hispanic||Asian||Two or More Races||Filipino||Pacific Islander||African American||American Indian||Not Reported|
|SAT Scores for 2014–2015|
|Critical Reading Average||Math Average||Writing Average|
|2013 Academic Performance Index|
|2009 Base API||2013 Growth API||Growth in the API from 2009 to 2013|
Hillsdale participates in the Peninsula Athletics League (PAL) in the following sports:
Hillsdale High School has received a number of awards and honors:
- 1955 American Institute of Architects School Design award for its Neo-Brutalist style
- 1990 "Best of San Mateo County" by the San Mateo County Times
- 1993 Named a United States Department of Education, National Blue Ribbon School
- 2001 Stanford Graduate School of Education's first Professional Development School
- 2007 Named a California Distinguished School
- 2009-2010 The Mock Trial team won first place in the California State Mock Trial Championship (and ultimately placed 19th at the national competition in Philadelphia, PA).
- 2011 Ranked no. 225 in Newsweek's Top 1000 Public High Schools
- 2016 Received Gold Recognition from Schools of Opportunity
- Valerie Fleming, Olympic Silver Medalist and World Cup Champion bobsledder.
- Billy Hardwick, Bowling Hall of Fame.
- John Holdren, scientist, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, co-chair of the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.
- Karen Kraft, two-time Olympic Medalist in women's rowing.
- Jay Mathews, author and education columnist with The Washington Post.
- Thomas Schumacher, theatrical producer.
- Nick Vanos (d. 1987), former NBA player with the Phoenix Suns.
- "School Profile 2011-12: Hillsdale High School". California Department of Education. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- "Enrollment by Ethnicity for 2015-16: Hillsdale High School". California Department of Education. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- Hillsdale Scroll
- Measure D: San Mateo Union High School District Bonds For Repair and Renovation - San Mateo County, CA
- "SAT Report - 2014-15 District Level Scores". California Department of Education. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- "2009 Base API School Report - Hillsdale High". California Department of Education Assessment, Accountability and Awards Division.
- "2013 Growth API School Report - Hillsdale High". California Department of Education Analysis, Measurement, & Accountability Reporting Division.
- "Peninsula Athletic League". Retrieved December 30, 2009.
- "Hillsdale High School History".
- "Blue Ribbon Schools Program, p.11" (PDF). U.S. Department of Education. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 30, 2014.
- 2007 Distinguished Middle and High Schools - California Distinguished Schools Program (CA Dept of Education)
- "Hillsdale wins state Mock Trial". The Daily Journal. March 23, 2010.
- America's Best High Schools 2011 - Newsweek and The Daily Beast
- "2016 Recipients - Schools of Opportunity". April 4, 2017.
- Sue Lempert (28 July 2014). "Famous local high school graduates". San Mateo Daily Journal.