Highway Patrol (Australian TV series)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Highway Patrol is an Australian factual television series screened on the Seven Network, which premiered on 21 September 2009. Highway Patrol follows members of the Victoria Police highway patrol (formerly the Traffic Management Unit) as they intercept traffic and other criminal offenders on roads in Victoria, Australia.
|Starring||Members of Victoria Police|
|Narrated by||Hugh Wade|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||11|
|No. of episodes||110 + 4 specials (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Nick Murray|
|Production location(s)||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Running time||21–22 minutes (Plus Commercials)|
|Production company(s)||Greenstone TV|
|Original network||Seven Network|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||21 September 2009 –|
|Related shows||Motorway Patrol|
The program follows police involved in attending major road accidents, high-speed police chases, confronting drunk drivers as well as issuing lesser penalty notices to drivers for a variety of traffic offences.
Each episode follows the progress of a select few incidents involving various officers, from the first encounter by the officers through to the officers leaving the scene, with the exception that occasionally the officers will escort a driver back to a police station for the purpose of a breath or blood sample. Fines, court convictions and demerit points issued in relation to each incident are shown in a voiced-over addendum at the end.
Highway Patrol is produced by Greenstone TV, makers of New Zealand's Motorway Patrol with the co-operation of Victoria Police, and airs in Australia on the Seven Network. Domestically, repeated episodes air on sister channels 7TWO and 7mate as well as syndicated on subscription television channel FOX8.
The first season of Highway Patrol went to air in September 2009. A second season was announced by Channel Seven on 18 November 2009 which premiered 2 February 2010. A seventh season of Highway Patrol was announced on the show's official website on 13 July 2014. On 9 December 2014, Victoria Police announced on their official Facebook page that season eight had started filming and would air sometime in 2016. On 15 December 2014, series producer Mary Durham announced that season 7 would consist of 10 episodes and would air sometime in 2015.
In October 2015, Greenstone TV confirmed that season 8 was in post production. In March 2016, it was announced that season 9 had started filming to air in 2017. In July 2018, Channel 7 released their first promotion for season 10 to begin airing from Wednesday 1 August 2018.
In November 2019, Greenstone TV the makers of Highway Patrol announced that the final two episodes of series 11 will most likely air in 2020 and filming for the 12th season will start filming mid year. On November 18th Greenstone TV also launched an official Highway Patrol Facebook
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||10||21 September 2009||23 November 2009|
|2||10||30 June 2010||27 July 2011|
|3||10||9 February 2012||7 May 2012|
|4||9||3 October 2012||21 November 2012|
|5||12||1 May 2013||25 November 2013|
|6||9||8 July 2014||17 November 2014|
|7||10||24 June 2015||31 August 2015|
|8||10||4 July 2016||9 November 2016|
|9||10||17 July 2017||22 October 2017|
|10||10||1 August 2018||12 September 2018|
|S||4||22 September 2014||7 August 2019|
|11||10||26 August 2019||2020|
- "Beyond Distribution announces MIPCOM slate". Beyond. 1 October 2015. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- Knox, David (11 September 2009). "Airdate: Highway Patrol, Destroyed in Seconds". TV Tonight. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Highway Patrol - Yahoo!&". Plus7. Archived from the original on 8 October 2016. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Highway Patrol drives it home for Seven". TV Tonight.
- "Highway Patrol".
- "Highway Patrol - Television New Zealand". TVNZ. Archived from the original on 31 October 2015. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Highway Patrol - ITV Player". ITV. Archived from the original on 31 October 2015. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- Alessi, Sarah (2 June 2016). "Beyond Distribution Places 80 Hours with Sky's Pick". World Screen. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "Highway Patrol on Pick". TV Guide. Archived from the original on 31 October 2015. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- Schipp, Debbie (3 January 2010). "Formula for a perfect year". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Highway Patrol". Greenstone TV. Archived from the original on 12 October 2015. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Highway Patrol Facebook". Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Greenstone TV". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- https://www.facebook.com/Highway-Patrol-101040328037485. Missing or empty